Blessed ammo bleh 08/02/2017 04:48 PM CDT
It would make my life easier if ammo did not retain its blessing after being used. I'm not sure what exactly governs whether or not it stays blessed, but I do end up with split stacks of crossbow bolts regularly.

Maybe something as simple (from an outside perspective) as holy water losing its holiness when poured, except the blessing on bolts and arrows and such stackables clears when they are stowed or picked up or pulled from a creature?

Just a QoL thing.
Re: Blessed ammo bleh 08/02/2017 09:23 PM CDT
Blessed ammo does use its charge after being used.

When you LOAD your crossbow, it pulls the first arrow from your quiver or other container. It will always use the first stack. If you have a stack of blessed ammo, use it, and then STOW the bolt, it will create a new stack of unblessed ammo that will be the first in the container, and pulled from the next time you LOAD, until the unblessed stack is used up and you start pulling blessed ammo again.

The best thing to do is stop blessing your ammo, but instead bless yourself. Blessing yourself causes any ammo you FIRE to work as if it were blessed, but without the stacking problems when you pick it up.
Re: Blessed ammo bleh 08/06/2017 03:54 PM CDT
I never bless my ammo, only myself.

I do use a repeater which may cause some of the weirdness. Or maybe the rare missed shots are to blame? Not sure, but either way, when hunting with bless and not blessing ammo directly I frequently end up with multiple stacks.
Re: Blessed ammo bleh 08/06/2017 07:23 PM CDT
A few other options if it's cumbersome to have two stacks of bolts: bless the unblessed bolts at the end of your hunting trip so they will stack, re-load missed shots into your repeater instead of stowing them, or switch to a stonebow and use a single shard.

For anyone that does not have access to the bless spell it probably would not be a QoL improvement to make it so ammunition didn't keep its bless.
Re: Blessed ammo bleh 08/07/2017 12:18 PM CDT
...do people commonly bless stacks of ammo for others, rather than blessing a person or weapon directly? I honestly didn't know that was a thing that was done, and am not sure it's particularly ideal anyway or worth causing annoyance for the Clerics that do the blessing.

You missed telling me to not hunt with bless, stop training crossbow, or use storebought bolts that I don't care about losing, which are also valid ways to make keeping track of bolts easier without potentially hindering anyone's directly-blessed-ammo-sharing gameplay. :P
Re: Blessed ammo bleh 08/14/2017 06:08 PM CDT
bolts that miss dont lose their bless. they lose it on impact with evil only. if you pick up a bunch of bolts off the ground at a time, your first batch in the container will always be the unblessed stack unless you completely depleted your original blessed stack from the container. my script to pick up ammo also gets the stack out at the end and blesses it, then restows so they all stack blessed.

it must be nice being a bladewielding cleric. they dont have these problems.