Align 01/18/2017 10:22 PM CST
>> Cleric Align stacks with skill boosts, but bear in mind Cleric Align does not boost (or hinder) TM accuracy, it only affects the amount of mana you can put into the TM spell.

-Armifer

I feel like Align is such a cool ability for Clerics which makes a dramatic difference early in your life as a cleric but eventually becomes completely irrelevant.

This should not be!

I think that align should effect all aspects of a spell and not be limited to your ability to cast said spell at a higher mana type.

Eventually you are able to cap out spells - even with the -15% penalty to them, and at this point align has absolutely no effect whatsoever on anything that you do. It really is a shame. But if it were able to boost you higher in ALL aspects of the spell (IE the Targeting factor of a TM spell) then it would become something worthwhile for the lifetime of the Cleric.
Re: Align 01/18/2017 10:44 PM CST
>>But if it were able to boost you higher in ALL aspects of the spell (IE the Targeting factor of a TM spell) then it would become something worthwhile for the lifetime of the Cleric.

Then there would be no reason not to align for TM, though. I'm open to making Alignments more interesting, but this is probably not it.

GM Grejuva
Re: Align 01/18/2017 11:28 PM CST
Agreed - Aligning Debil/TM would be the standard likely - though I've found that aligning Debil currently yields the longest benefit (HyH is possibly the only spell I can't cap currently, though I haven't discerned everything recently)

I am not actually sure where we could go with align aside from this though - and that is where I am stuck. I remember having to change my Align every so often because it made such a big difference and now I can't even remember what I'm aligned to at times it's become so unimportant.

Perhaps each god could give a unique bonus in Addition to the magic spheres?
For simplicity we'll say that each 'God' refers to all three aspects of that god - so each has a unique ability and 3 different setups for spell alignments - IE

Align Kertigen/Divyaush/Zachriedek -
+2 Stacking CHA Bonus and +10% Crafting Skills (non-stacking with other buffs)
Kertigen - +15% Aug/Utility | -15% TM/Debil/Warding
Divyaush - +15% Utility/Warding | -15% Aug/Debil/TM
Zachriedek - +15% TM/Utility | -15% Debil/Aug/Warding

Align Hodierna/Berengaria/Asketi
+2 Stacking WIS Bonus and + Small % chance to retain favors on depart (Mini Favor Savor)
Hodierna - +15% Aug/Warding | -15% Utility/TM/Debil
Berengaria - +15% Utility/Warding | -15% Debil/TM/Aug
Asketi - +15% Debil/Warding | -15% TM/Aug/Utility

ect ect.
Re: Align 01/19/2017 12:28 PM CST
You could make align something like elemental efficiency.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh