Spell Suggestion: Soul Sight 08/25/2016 02:52 PM CDT

This is a cyclic spell (primarily for balance reasons) that gives three benefits.
1 - AOE, Turns the target's spirit into a physical manifestation that see and physically manipulate for your own benefit.
2 - This is a locate that works on anyone who is dead, regardless of where they are.
3 - You can speak to the souls of of dead individuals, maybe cast vigil on them. They can't talk back.

Requires Soul Bonding, maybe revelation.

> Look
You see [some stuff] and a dire bear, a dire bear, a dire bear and a silver-backed bear

> Prep Death Sense 20

... You feel fully prepared to cast your spell

> Cast
You feel connected to the void, sensing the souls of those around you.

> Look
You see [some stuff] and the whispy form of a dire bear, the whispy form of a dire bear, the whispy form of a dire bear and the whispy form of a silver-backed bear

> Punch
[damage messaging]
As you draw your fist away, you take a fragment of the dire bear's soul with you.
[roundtime]

[+my spirit, -their spirit]

* Cooldude was just struck down in an unfair and unjust manner.

> Gesture Cooldude [because you're so skilled]
[see locate message - range matters]

> Pre vigil
> Cast Cooldude
[standard vigil message]

> Whisper Cooldude Don't depart, I'm on my way.
[Go be the hero while calling for an empath.]
Re: Spell Suggestion: Soul Sight 08/25/2016 03:43 PM CDT

I love this idea. I'd find it particularly cool if whatever the offensive action is, it's based on Theurgy/TM. If it trained those two, then WOOF, that'd be awesome. I'd like for it to lock out something though, either weapons ("your hand passes through the broadsword!") or TM, and maybe damage dealt to you while in this form does spirit damage instead of vit damage.

That said though, I really like the idea behind this!
Re: Spell Suggestion: Soul Sight 08/25/2016 04:08 PM CDT

> I love this idea. I'd find it particularly cool if whatever the offensive action is, it's based on Theurgy/TM. If it trained those two, then WOOF, that'd be awesome. I'd like for it to lock out something though, either weapons ("your hand passes through the broadsword!") or TM, and maybe damage dealt to you while in this form does spirit damage instead of vit damage.

Interesting idea. I think it's a fair trade-off to take spirit damage if you're dealing spirit damage. Maybe a passive drain that's off-set by absorbing spirit health from others. Theurgy reduces the spirit damage, and trains it when you take a spirit draining action.