Sacrifice Syntax Change Request 04/21/2015 03:21 PM CDT
Could Sacrifice please be altered to allow syntax for attack type? There is nothing worse than having a stunned, prone mob with vitality at death's door and sacrifice causes a jab or a feint which does incidental damage.

sacrifice <mob> <attack verb>

Example: sacrifice gryphon slice

"Give a man fire and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
"You're Michael Jackson's hair and I'm a Pepsi commercial!" Bucky from Get Fuzzy
Re: Sacrifice Syntax Change Request 04/21/2015 04:49 PM CDT
I would love this as well. I was going to post something the other day about it. I really like the sacrifice ability and it is just frustrating to see my character make his cool one liner and then jab them with my weapon that has practically no pierce damage. Sometimes I get unlucky and will jab 3 or 4 times in a row and it drives me nuts.

I don't think it would make sacrifice too good either since we already have to play the minigame of appraising for health and trying to time our attacks. It would take the complete random element out of it though. Just seems odd that our character would use the least damaging attack for a "finishing" blow.
Re: Sacrifice Syntax Change Request 04/22/2015 07:17 AM CDT

Yes to this. Have it default to the hardest hitting attack for the weapon used. That way there is still a risk reward if you timed it wrong(balance hit + RT). Its for this very reason that I don't even bother with using sacrifice. Hit mob, app mob, hit mob, app mob etc til deaths door, sacrifice <you feint your mace at mob, landing a brushing hit>
Re: Sacrifice Syntax Change Request 05/05/2015 09:45 AM CDT
I'm guessing that's probably a 'no' :(

"Give a man fire and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
"You're Michael Jackson's hair and I'm a Pepsi commercial!" Bucky from Get Fuzzy