Ritual Improvements 04/19/2015 02:50 PM CDT
Was talking to Ricinus on chatter today and he didn't want to talk about Developement over that medium, which I understand so I thought I'd bring my suggestions here.

1.) Allow Meraud Commune to be Overwritten in a room. This is a personal issue for me, I'm not sure how many other people have problems with it but my Meraud Commune lasts for quite awhile and I don't like having to go searching for rooms that aren't affected. Especially while hunting, which is what I do most of the time. A quality of life change if you will.

2.) I would like it if Ritual Components could be bypassed with skill in Theurgy. Honestly I'm not even really sure what Theurgy does as a skill. More Blesses with Kertigen? Increased bonus against undead with Tamsines? More water with Eluned? More Athletics with Eluned2? I don't think it does anything more for Hoderina, Glythide or Truffenyi.

Anyway, so my idea is that with a certain number of ranks you won't need a component for a ritual, obviously this will be harder for ones that require more than one and higher level communes. I think it would really make the skill feel like our ranks matter because right now I'm not feeling it. I'm just training Theurgy because Esuin says so.
Re: Ritual Improvements 04/19/2015 03:36 PM CDT
>Honestly I'm not even really sure what Theurgy does as a skill.

My understanding (and I hope a GM will chime in):

Decreases the 'dead time' between being able to use any commune after using the first one.
Increases the volume of water generated by Eluned.
Increases the length of any timed ability (merauds)
Increases the number of strikes on Kertigens.
I think it effects the severity of the boost from Merauds, as well.

>my Meraud Commune lasts for quite awhile and I don't like having to go searching for rooms that aren't affected.

I thought that once the cleric left the room, Merauds would fade in a couple minutes? Obviously not, if you're having this problem.
Re: Ritual Improvements 04/19/2015 04:37 PM CDT

> My understanding (and I hope a GM will chime in):

It seems to also have an effect on the reuse timer.