Favor tracking 05/20/2014 10:20 AM CDT
So I had to log into my "twin" character Danoriyel, who happens to be a cleric, for the first time in what seems like ages, since the character apparently still has a full stat respec available heh. Anywhooo, while I was re-acclimating to the character I checked a few things like the favor verb and all that fun stuff and I thought to myself that with the somewhat recent addition of Favor Tracking (eg. You currently have 18 favors with the gods. Your most recent favor was granted by Chadatru) that it might be nice for the holy guilds to have more precise tracking of their favors. This might not be a new suggestion, so my apologies if this is a retread of an old idea that's been tossed about before, I don't really follow the cleric folders to know otherwise.

Basically the proposed tracking would look like this:

You currently have 18 favors with the gods.
Your most recent favor was granted by Chadatru.
You have gained 3 favors from Chadatru.
You have gained 1 favor from Ushnish.
You have gained 7 favors from Meraud.
You have gained 5 favors from Tamsine.
You have gained 2 favors from Hodierna.

Perhaps a side effect of this increased tracking ability could perhaps help in regards to commune powers, in that in order to use a power you must have a favor from that deity and when that commune is used, the favor is used as well, instead of devotion (as I currently understand how that power set works anyways, it's been awhile). While under the effects of the commune, you could then trickle Theurgy skill exp. That's just my "never really played a cleric" perspective though, take it for what it's worth.

The commune aspect aside though, I think it might be a nice additional feature to have the favor tracking expanded, at least for the two Holy guilds, or at the very least the Clerics.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Favor tracking 05/20/2014 10:43 AM CDT

Last time I remember it being discussed GMs said the system only tracks last favor. Nothing more. Not sure if it was impossible to change or just meh.
Re: Favor tracking 05/20/2014 01:15 PM CDT
>>Last time I remember it being discussed GMs said the system only tracks last favor. Nothing more. Not sure if it was impossible to change or just meh.

I think they track last Immortal plus how many previous consecutive favors gained under that Immortal.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Favor tracking 05/20/2014 03:46 PM CDT
I can see it being problematic for the game to track thirty nine or forty two favor sources...

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Favor tracking 05/20/2014 04:22 PM CDT
>I can see it being problematic for the game to track thirty nine or forty two favor sources...

I dunno, maybe. I see it as a pretty simple thing to track.

When a Cleric or Paladin places a favor orb on an altar, counter add 1 to whatever deity it applies to.

That's obviously a simplistic way to view it, but since I have no idea what something like that would require to code, perhaps it would be a difficult thing to do. I just thought it'd be a logical thing for at least the Holy guilds to be able to track more precisely.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Favor tracking 05/20/2014 04:28 PM CDT
I think last time someone like that was asked for, we got told they're at the limit of data they can store on characters without ... uhhh ... something something something?

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Favor tracking 05/21/2014 07:34 AM CDT

Would you then have to track the order they were gotten in, and which favor would be used when you depart next? The oldest? Random?

Jalika