Theurgy at high levels 12/06/2013 04:04 PM CST

now this is just me but, lets see what the thoughts are. Post 150th circ, with no TDP bonus to circling, I have zero use for theurgy. I don't use communes cause they are mostly useless except the bless one for others. I think rituals need a big uptick in teaching it as well as hunting undead/cursed. I also think a rezz should be the equivilent of one of the bigger communes(merauds/truffenyi's) if you have to do a quest for a commune, should get the same theurgy from a spell you have to do a quest for. I keep my devotion up just cause but otherwise...I never use communes because I don't need them.
Re: Theurgy at high levels 12/07/2013 10:12 AM CST

I'd also like to chime in on the theurgy part with resurrection. I believe, especially with the upcoming 3.1 change and how resurrection as a cyclic won't teach utility like it currently does, we should get a larger theurgy bump from doing it, and/or getting a fair sized devotional gain from it. This would be a big bonus for those clerics that are triage during invasions as well.. it's odd that an empath can personally benefit from a ton of empathy during an invasion, but a cleric essentially receives nothing for staying back and tending to the dead.

But yes, theurgy becomes even less practical after 150 since the benefit from Tasmine's and Kertigen's diminishes as you run out of evil/undead creatures to use it on in the late game unless you're hunting flex souls. Or you stick around for the occasional invasion, or you're into necromancer hunting.
Re: Theurgy at high levels 12/07/2013 03:42 PM CST
Merauds is still useful post 150 as it gives a great boost to room mana however; there needs to be more communes added to give the skill more of a purpose for sure. Its pretty lacking
Re: Theurgy at high levels 12/07/2013 06:28 PM CST
I had posted this request before but figured I'll go ahead and ride the coat tails of this thread as well. Not that it would be a huge perk, but adding a skill check based on theurgy when you RECALL IMMORTAL <god> to add a list of prudent sacrifices for favor orbs when you use Truffenyi's commune or a favor granting altar would be stellar. I know they'll all accept cards, beads, and primers but most have at least one other that makes sense to the god. I also know that you could just check Epedia, but having an IG / IC way of knowing proper sacrifices would be a excellent addition to the game lore I'd think.

You say, "I think Feanella is upset with me."
Anuind asks, "Oh? What makes you say that?"
You struggle to begin a masterful psalm on your wren-engraved lyre.
You say, "I swear Idon broke my G string."