Blood ritual 05/12/2013 08:21 PM CDT

any chance something can be added to this where you can use a blade to give the bleeder? Seems ooc to ask others to give a you a bleeder, if not mech abuse. Maybe something like "You draw your knife across your arm, the blood flowing onto the altar"
Re: Blood ritual 05/13/2013 06:11 PM CDT

I'd like this too, and make it a part of the ritual where if you end the ritual before it's finished, you actually lose devotion as to prevent mech abuse of using this to get bleeders for tending and empathy.
Re: Blood ritual 07/24/2013 03:09 PM CDT

<<any chance something can be added to this where you can use a blade to give the bleeder? Seems ooc to ask others to give a you a bleeder, if not mech abuse. Maybe something like "You draw your knife across your arm, the blood flowing onto the altar">>

Soundin pretty necro-ish there, mr. inquisitor
Re: Blood ritual 07/24/2013 03:12 PM CDT
I know you're just joking, but the ritual exists, as is you have to have a pre-existing bleeder on a select body part (arm only? Hand?), because FA is an insanely backwards system and we can't give someone a way to train it others don't get.

He was asking for a way to bypass going 'hey bob please shoot me so I can go offer blood'. Nothing necroish about blood in DR.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Blood ritual 07/24/2013 03:20 PM CDT
>>Nothing necroish about blood in DR.

I get a lot of necromancing done with my blood between killing, healing and creating semi-life with it.
Re: Blood ritual 07/24/2013 03:33 PM CDT

<<Nothing necroish about blood in DR. >>

Think there's a difference between already having a bleeder and inflicting a bleeder on yourself..

Blood Burst (Necro):
You swipe your fingertips across your hand.
With no bleeding wound, your pattern drags vital energy out from within you to compensate.

Cleric:
With a flick of his wrist, Evro slashes his hand open with his blade and lets the blood drip to perform his holy ritual.

For the most part I'm joking, but it still did raise an eyebrow.
Re: Blood ritual 07/24/2013 05:55 PM CDT
>Blood Burst (Necro):

Ya, you left off a significant portion of the lore-text that explains what you're doing with that blood and why it's Necroish. Same for constructs. Or is dirt now also necroish?

>Think there's a difference between already having a bleeder and inflicting a bleeder on yourself..

Not in the least, in my mind, but I'm not going to argue any more than this.

Re: Blood ritual 07/24/2013 06:50 PM CDT
>Same for constructs. Or is dirt now also necroish?

For some reason this made me ask myself, "What would happen if you tried communing to Eluned through a dirt construct?"

I know that mechanically you can't, but I really am curious now.
Re: Blood ritual 07/24/2013 08:59 PM CDT
>I know that mechanically you can't, but I really am curious now.

If I had to guess, I'd say the necrotic taint would prevent you from turning the construct into water, but might self destruct the entire thing given the now intermingled holy aspect and necrotic aspect, and it would almost certainly turn your devotion down to 0.

I'd almost like to see that as an option in-game. Destroy a construct, put devotion at 0. Interesting way to deal with one, with no real penalties for the necro and some nasty ones for the cleric.

Re: Blood ritual 07/24/2013 09:08 PM CDT
FWIW, if you do the Booty ritual before hand, sometimes you luck out and get hit in the right spot.

But I have never survived the Blood ritual without first using Hodierna's, which kind of defeats the point of doing a ritual in the first place.

Has anyone figured out the "dark" incense ritual yet? I've given up!

GENT
Re: Blood ritual 07/24/2013 09:26 PM CDT
>Has anyone figured out the "dark" incense ritual yet? I've given up!

The answer is in your post.