Resurrection 02/12/2013 04:19 PM CST
For a series of spells that take a while, the reward seems small, essentially it just keeps your depart stat from not raising, keeps you at the same favors.

Not that I have much suggestions for ways to make it better;

Somehow returning the character to life with some portion of his memory pools (or hers) [seems to be a decent idea].

Its a cool ability that I wish had a little more eumph to pushing characters to want it, it seems like the thing an adventure should want instead of coming close to the Starry Road.

I know there may be playability vs. realism issues; can we get a little more depth to the ability to push.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Resurrection 02/12/2013 04:20 PM CST
>>For a series of spells that take a while, the reward seems small, essentially it just keeps your depart stat from not raising, keeps you at the same favors.

No death sickness (although uncurse takes care of that too).

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Resurrection 02/12/2013 04:23 PM CST
Another thing I was thinking about was maybe a confidence/inner fire/something for MUs bump vs. where it would be for departing.

(How bad is death sickness, I mean when your resurrected you still suffer vitality and soul, and I believe fatigue; all things that weaken your combat abilities).

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Resurrection 02/12/2013 04:35 PM CST
> For a series of spells that take a while, the reward seems small, essentially it just keeps your depart stat from not raising, keeps you at the same favors.

It saves you the exp you put into orbs, to refil favors, which people go on about at higher levels. It saves wear and tear on items, doesn't it?

But, overall, I'd agree. Very 'meh'.

Pants.
Re: Resurrection 02/12/2013 04:43 PM CST
If Resurrection could restore all of your learning states to what they were at the time of death, Resurrection would gain like +10 sexy points.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Resurrection 02/16/2013 12:43 AM CST
Keep memorized scrolls intact!
Re: Resurrection 02/18/2013 10:21 AM CST

>>Keep memorized scrolls intact!