Question about HH and stats. 08/18/2016 01:26 PM CDT
So I was trying to do the infusion quest the other day. I was able to survive engagement with the lanky gray lachs for a decent bit of time using PFE but would most often get the message that they were unaffected by my HH when cast on them. I realize they are a bit above my skills but sometimes I could land it on them and do some damage. Is this unaffected message considered a "miss"? Or am I just not doing enough damage? I have gained 15 more TM ranks and 600 TDPS, wondering what stat I should raise before heading back to give it another go. If it is considered a "miss" discipline should help?
Re: Question about HH and stats. 08/18/2016 01:33 PM CDT

Use HE instead of HH, debuff them if you can (MALE/PS), and use Tamsine's commune for the bonus TM. I think you're going to have more problems skinning them than killing them though. You might want to ask someone to join you on the quest.
Re: Question about HH and stats. 08/18/2016 01:48 PM CDT
<>Use HE instead of HH, debuff them if you can (MALE/PS), and use Tamsine's commune for the bonus TM. I think you're going to have more problems skinning them than killing them though. You might want to ask someone to join you on the quest. <>

Thanks, I'll try HE instead and completely forgot about Tamsines commune. I may break down and ask for help but I really wanted to give it my best shot first. My skinning is actually higher than my TM but yea still might be too low.
Re: Question about HH and stats. 08/18/2016 04:39 PM CDT
>Is this unaffected message considered a "miss"?

Yes. There's a different message if the spell fails for other reasons.
I don't recall yet if Discipline was plugged into the "to-hit" calculations for TM yet like was discussed or not. Intel and Wisdom were both turned on to increase TM damage though so that would help when you do land a hit. Additionally, you may want to consider using Phelim's Sanction to stun them to set up for an attack.
Re: Question about HH and stats. 08/18/2016 04:53 PM CDT
<<I don't recall yet if Discipline was plugged into the "to-hit" calculations for TM yet like was discussed or not.

According to the in game discipline help it is.

"Discipline increases the accuracy of damaging spells and improves the size of your experience pools. It contributes to offensive Mind, Magic, Charm, and Fear contests and defensive Fortitude and Will contests, among other things."

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Question about HH and stats. 08/18/2016 06:02 PM CDT
Thank you all for the help. I was able to finish the quest. Tamsine's commune and getting my discipline up to par with my int/wis let me kill them pretty easily. Not sure if discipline helped, it may of just been the TM ranks I gained combined with Tamsine's. I didn't get any of the unaffected messages this time though.
Re: Question about HH and stats. 08/18/2016 07:31 PM CDT

Congratulations. Good luck on the res quest.