Black Marble Gargoyle - Temple of the North Wind 02/07/2016 06:33 PM CST

Wasn't sure whether to post in magic folder or here. This folder won.

The Gargoyles in the Temple of the North Wind are supposedly immune to all magic except holy.

I casted HE, FF, Horn, HH, PS, HyH (Malediction) and the messaging I received was: "A fierce wind shrieks through the area, somehow negating the energies of your spell around a black marble gargoyle" or, in the case of HE: "nothing happens"

A careful appraisal shows: "If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably." Which indicates I have the skill to target magic against these creatures.

Has anyone else experienced issues with these creatures? It appears to me that the creature is buggy....but I've been wrong before. :)

~Gab
Re: Black Marble Gargoyle - Temple of the North Wind 02/07/2016 07:15 PM CST

Harm evil is vs undead or cursed only..... it does not hit living. The gargs don't seem to be cursed they have a high/special resistance to magic. have you tried AE? not sure if it will hit the or not. also try targeting them with DR? does halo hit them? you have me curious.....

The feeble old swamp shaman
Re: Black Marble Gargoyle - Temple of the North Wind 02/07/2016 09:51 PM CST

>Harm evil is vs undead or cursed only..... it does not hit living. The gargs don't seem to be cursed they have a high/special resistance to magic. have you tried AE? not sure if it will hit the or not. also try targeting them with DR? does halo hit them? you have me curious.....<

Don't have AE or Halo.

I understand HE and HH not working......

But what about FF, Horn, FoU, DR, and Malediction? All give the message "A fierce wind shrieks through the area, somehow negating the energies of your spell around a black marble gargoyle."

It's quite possible I'm failing a skill ck, but my magic is far superior to my physical combat skills....and I'm having no problem hitting them with a weapon. Someone with more skill needs to check them out. ::hint hint:: :)

Thanks for the response!

~Gab
Re: Black Marble Gargoyle - Temple of the North Wind 02/07/2016 11:45 PM CST
Just in case you aren't already doing so, are you casting with higher levels of mana? Also try adjusting your spell stance for integrity or power.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Black Marble Gargoyle - Temple of the North Wind 02/08/2016 12:37 AM CST
Disclaimer: Wall of text incoming!

Ok, figured I'd go check it out, looks like they are in fact immune to all magic.
-800-900 TM, 100 int/wis/disc

If you brawled with the enemy, you are certain that it would train quite badly.
If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you attempted to beguile the enemy with tactics, you are certain that it would train quite badly.
If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train quite badly.
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train quite badly.
The gargoyle appears immune to cold, fire and unholy attacks.

Capped FoU:
> cast

You strike your heel against the ground.
You deftly contribute enough of your harnessed streams to maximize the pattern's potential.
Geysers of fiery silver-grey magma erupt from the ground!
A fierce wind shrieks through the area, somehow negating the energies of your spell around a black marble gargoyle.
A fierce wind shrieks through the area, somehow negating the energies of your spell around a black marble gargoyle.

Roundtime: 2 sec.
R>

Capped FF:
> cast

You gesture at a black marble gargoyle.
You deftly contribute enough of your harnessed streams to maximize the pattern's potential.

Roundtime: 1 sec.
R>

Capped AE:
> cast

You close your eyes, drawing your closed fist toward your chest.
Seconds later you swing your arm outward, pointing at a black marble gargoyle as your eyes fix on it in a vehement stare.

R>

Capped HYH:
(had malediction in it)
>
You contribute your harnessed streams to help maintain your cyclic spell.
>

Capped DR:
> cast

You gesture at a black marble gargoyle.

Capped HoT:
> cast

Your hand suddenly burns to a crisp!
You gesture at a black marble gargoyle with your withered claw for a hand.

Infusing capped halo with capped infusion amount:
> infuse halo 50

You tap into the mana from fifty of the surrounding streams and add it to the generous amount already streaming around you.
You concentrate intently, attempting to infuse a vast amount of your harnessed mana into your active Halo spell pattern.

Fractals of pale light materialize in a cascading pattern around you, outlining the faint beginnings of a complex gyre. With a bestial moan, shafts of brilliant white light erupt from the ether, illuminating the pattern as if it were lifeblood sustaining the vein. The wall of light echoes outward rapidly, leaving a misty white halo to shroud you in its wake.
R>

Re: Black Marble Gargoyle - Temple of the North Wind 02/08/2016 12:51 AM CST

Ok, I assisted and Quarel came down, asked me to bug them so gonna do that and hopefully it gets fixed with either the appraisal or letting holy magics through.
Going to cross-post in the creatures folder.
Re: Black Marble Gargoyle - Temple of the North Wind 02/08/2016 02:26 AM CST
Fixed, thank you.

GM Grejuva
Re: Black Marble Gargoyle - Temple of the North Wind 02/08/2016 09:19 AM CST

>Fixed, thank you.<

That's awesome! Thank you so much. I've been wanting to hunt these things since I returned.

~Gab