After Togballs 08/30/2013 11:58 PM CDT
I'm having trouble finding anything here or in the Creatures folder about the undead/cursed progression for Hib/Boar Clan.

My Cleric's primary weapon and TM are nearing the cap, and my debilitation capped a while ago. I have several weapons that could train a while longer, but my general defenses are closing in on the cap quickly. I was hoping to learn skinning and, was hoping for something somewhat swarmy as I'm already having to pretty much drop weapons to keep magics moving.

Relevant Stats/Skills
Stats
Strength : 20Reflex : 30Agility : 24
Charisma : 20Discipline : 24Stamina : 22
Weapons
Parry Ability: 155 41% clearLarge Edged: 173 02% clearTwohanded Edged: 88 18% clear
Large Blunt: 109 53% clearCrossbow: 103 67% clearStaves: 90 44% clear
Polearms: 90 35% clearHeavy Thrown: 110 58% clearBrawling: 104 57% clear
Magic
Holy Magic: 304 23% perusingAttunement: 305 77% clearTargeted Magic: 152 70%
Augmentation: 220 23%Debilitation: 191 75% clearWarding: 196 06% clear
Armor
Shield Usage: 144 86% clearChain Armor: 143 69% thinkingBrigandine: 115 38% thoughtful
Defending: 147 54% thoughtful

Also, since I'm already in the Cleric Combat folder, what skill affects pool size and number of spells in OM in 3.0? I think I read Arcana someplace, but can't find the post I read in the Forum Search

"Give a man fire and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
"You're Michael Jackson's hair and I'm a Pepsi commercial!" Bucky from Get Fuzzy
Re: After Togballs 08/31/2013 12:06 AM CDT
Sorry, I'm tired, I left out...
Survival
Evasion: 144 35% clear

and...
Please and thank you!

"Give a man fire and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
"You're Michael Jackson's hair and I'm a Pepsi commercial!" Bucky from Get Fuzzy
Re: After Togballs 08/31/2013 01:24 AM CDT
>what skill affects pool size and number of spells in OM in 3.0? I think I read Arcana someplace, but can't find the post I read in the Forum Search™

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Post:Some_cleric_spell_changes_-_04/24/2013_-_14:20

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Post:HyH_question_-_02/26/2013_-_13:47

all hail
Re: After Togballs 08/31/2013 02:13 AM CDT

Try bats, maybe vines up by the clerics guild. If those are too powerful you might have to go to Shard- maybe undead kobolds?

Don't get too hung up on undead- Clerics have advantages there but often the better critters are not undead.
Re: After Togballs 08/31/2013 02:58 PM CDT
You could move up to Lang area, and mid-tier deer should work for weapons/defenses, provided you are using defensive buffs. You can also hop over to pec/trolls for TM and Debil, but those would be very dangerous without all your defensive buffs up. I'm a little hazy, but dark spirits (in Tiger Clan) might work as well, with defensive buffs of course.

I would recommend taking a bit of time to get your defenses/offenses caught up with your magic skills, it'll be beneficial in the long run.

GENT
Re: After Togballs 08/31/2013 11:02 PM CDT
I moved to frostweyr bears after togballs smoothly.
Re: After Togballs 09/01/2013 04:01 AM CDT
Sorry for not responding sooner, pretty much blacked out when I got home from work.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I had considered moving back to Lang, especially since living targets are better for devotion still. Blight Bats appear to be lower on the scale than Togballs. Bloodvines sound interesting, but I'd be worried about the poison, and I generally avoid ranged mobs for training. Bears sound interesting, but I've heard some scary stories about them, and (I'll be honest) I'm already pre-disposed to Lang over Hib/Boar Clan. Lang is advantaged by it's proximity to Riverhaven/Crossing, and it's available swimming.

Thanks again, everyone!

Re: After Togballs 09/10/2013 01:58 PM CDT
Bloodvines are evil, which makes your magic particularly awesome against them. With SoL up, you're probably golden, but at your skills, you'll probably need to be fully buffed.

Togballs are pretty great around this range too.

If you're heading to Lang, just stick to middle deer. Deer to gryphons will hold you out for a while, although you can and should try death spirits around 200s.