Re: WTH - Primarily for TM 07/01/2011 07:32 AM CDT
I'd look into grabbing FF, the multi-shot's nice for training. Could also try moving up to a higher creature, but I think you're stuck with Stumpy Ogres for shield using undead/cursed and they might be a bit tough for AoE attacks with that TM.

If you can milk TM up to 165ish, Death Spirits under the Crossing Moonie guild has a high enough spawn for HH to be worth it.
Re: WTH - Primarily for TM 07/01/2011 08:14 AM CDT
If you want to stay in Hib area, the tress/dryad/ogre ladder is pretty nice; not to mention the areas are right next door to each other so cross training is quite plausible.

The FF suggestion is sound, but it can certainly be done without it if your character wants to focus on other aspects of the clerical spellbook -- FF and HORN didn't exist when Seg had that level of TM, though they are by far my best two trainers today with 500+

Segmere Freat
Baron's Own Militia
Re: WTH - Primarily for TM 07/01/2011 09:47 AM CDT
DR spam.

Just do a loop/macro for prep dr 2;tar;cast and whack it till you pass out.

Has the benefit of working in living and dead, and not killing living critters. I've used it forever. Still working for me in togballs. Takes a little while but I have much better results with DR spam than FF, Horn, or HE.
Re: WTH - Primarily for TM 07/01/2011 11:04 AM CDT
Thanks everyone! I'll definitely try the DR spam. FOF was on my list as the next spell to pick up. Regardless, excellent advice on all fronts!
Re: WTH - Primarily for TM 07/01/2011 04:22 PM CDT
Depending on your other combats and spell choices, dark spirits in Ker'leor may be an option too
Re: WTH - Primarily for TM 07/04/2011 06:01 AM CDT
For what it's worth - I circled, and got fist of faenella. TM is much happier now.

Thanks again!
WTH 08/30/2009 09:15 PM CDT
Trying to figure out what I should be using for TM, seems a bit harder on cleric to move than warmie or moonie

offensive/defense are all around 100-110

target is 77 I have HE, HOT and FF atm looking to get PS soon which seem it would help don't mind undead and would prefer them since it seems we get a bonus to damage vs them
Re: WTH 08/30/2009 09:35 PM CDT
Moss Meys should be good right about there. Or there are the zombie kobolds in Shard. I'm logged in at the moment if you need a guide to them.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: WTH 08/30/2009 09:55 PM CDT
I'll head down to shard to try zombies

Amagron
Re: WTH 08/30/2009 10:09 PM CDT
I was there not that long ago, Zombies would be a waste of time. I'd say Moss Meys unless you have more combats and/or can get an oaf or shambler alone.
Re: WTH 08/30/2009 10:14 PM CDT
shield, ME, MO are all 105-110 evasion 92 and parry 96

TM lagging at almost 30 ranks behind and trying to get it closer so I don't mind if I can't learn other stuff right now
Re: WTH 08/30/2009 10:20 PM CDT
Those are pretty close to where I was at when I went into meys. Don't go into the pond, stay in the area between the monolith and the pond and you'll get a decent but lower gen rate, enough that you'll only be getting one or two on you at a time so you'll learn without a great deal of danger.
WTH 04/12/2011 01:55 PM CDT
Sort of at a loss at what to hunt now

all weapons/defense in the 200-220 range including TM would prefer something I can work TM on
Re: WTH 04/12/2011 02:10 PM CDT
Elder deer for a bit, and after that you can probably start in gryphons.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: WTH 04/12/2011 02:33 PM CDT
Death spirits should teach you for a bit longer, but you're closing in on their upper ranges. Ice Adders and Lachs are about that range. Could try Genies, but they might be a bit high still.

Dark Sprites in the castle north of Haven should work, but you need to be Premie to get in.

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"
Re: WTH 04/12/2011 05:13 PM CDT
My skills are comparable to yours, and laches are my go-to critter. You'll want to have plenty of herbs, though, because the laches are sneaky and can hit hard, when they hit.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: WTH 04/12/2011 11:20 PM CDT
thanks sounds like it will be lachs or adders. I tried Deer and weapons move ungodly slow there
Re: WTH 04/13/2011 01:43 PM CDT
The nice thing about both is that there are plenty of other creatures around if you need to move slightly up or down.

Clerics are just so cuddly you can't get mad at them, until they try to rip your soul out and chew on it like a candy bar.
Re: WTH 04/13/2011 05:10 PM CDT
2nd tier Dark Spirits (Ker'Leor, before climbing the dam towards the altar) are a notch above Death Spirits, but they have shields so it may not be terribly pleasant.

I'd second Lach. Geni might work soon but you'll likely need helping getting into them (won't get consistent success til near 400 perception, and below 300 will be a waste of effort if you're not lucky).
Re: WTH 04/14/2011 07:28 PM CDT
Red leucros are also an option at that range too iirc.
WTH - Primarily for TM 07/01/2011 04:53 AM CDT
Can someone help with some advice on what to hunt and using what? I've been trying to move my TM using a variety of methods, but little seems to work. Bloodvines using HH does o.k., but you need a consistent stream of spawn, which doesn't happen if you're the only one in the area.

Holy Magic: 284 41% clear (0/34)
Harness Ability: 296 99% clear (0/34)
Power Perceive: 224 42% nearly locked (33/34)
Targeted Magic: 143 35% clear (0/34)
Arcana: 233 77% clear (0/34)

And here are my spells:

In the chapter entitled "Holy Defense," you have notes on the Protection from Evil [pfe], Minor Physical Protection [mpp], Benediction, Major Physical Protection [mapp], and Halo spells.

In the chapter entitled "Spirit Manipulation," you have notes on the Rejuvenation, Vigil, and Soul Bonding [sb] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Holy Enchantments," you have notes on the Bless, Harm Evil [he], Uncurse, Divine Radiance [dr], Osrel Meraud [om], Harm Horde [hh], Persistence of Mana [pom], Hand of Tenemlor [hot], Malediction, Shield of Light [sol], and Sanctify Pattern [sap] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Divine Intervention," you have notes on the Aesrela Everild [ae] and Resurrection [rezz] spells.

Not too worried about the defensive side.

Thanks! :)
Different WTH 07/01/2011 10:39 PM CDT
I'm getting close to capping togballs, and was wondering what the next step up would be?

Weapons around 160, defenses 170-180 (eva, shield, MO, armor, parry, etc.)

I'd preffer undead, skinnable, and swarmy. It seems like I can hit 2/3 with the Elanthipedia bestiary, but the skinnable ones aren't swarmy from what I hear.

Though honestly if it's skinnable and swarmy, I'll skip undead. I just like the extra TM damage. Don't really care where they are, it's in plat, so I'm going to be out of the way anyway.