Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/23/2010 01:02 PM CST
I was talking to another cleric buddy the other day about how the prayer chains used to be a much more commonly used items and people would place special orders for beads with certain material types with clerics. I think with the current RP environment there would be a demand for this again. Especially since for clerics the value of the materials used for the beads helps determine the boost in favor gained from praying over the chain (from what is posted at least?!?!).

In addition to getting people to donate beads, I'd also like to make a public list of clerics who can carve beads, what beads you can carve and with what materials. And what your price structure would be. Its something I'd like people to think about and kick around for a week or so and then we can put something together for those who are willing to do it for the public. And what you are willing to do for cheap/free, and what costs a bit more (since some supplies are more expensive, or if they need to be provided, etc.).

Also, just wanted to remind everyone the Eluned Service & Beach Party is tomorrow. If anyone is willing to donate any more beads of any kind, please either find me in game (I'll be off and on later tonight and all day Sunday) or IM me even if it says I'm away or whatever. IM nightengallery . Thanks so much.

Here's to providing an easy, fun, and customizible way to display faith! And useful since they can also be used as altar donations to gain favors.
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/23/2010 03:06 PM CST
I am pretty much willing to carve any beads of the 13/39 for anyone who tells me they want them out of their respect for the gods. Flavius can carve any beads, though I don't know about the limit of the materials. I don't think that this offer helps your RP event much- I am not around that often but anyone who meets Flavius is welcome to request beads. Please bring blocks from the monk- I don't make blocks.
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/23/2010 03:08 PM CST
Flavius make me some heron beads. :( I can't find anyone able to carve jade in Crossing.

Rev. Reene

You whisper to Kaedan, "OOC: CANT YOU SING LILT FOR ME IRL"
>
Kaedan whispers, "OOC: OOOOOH HODIERNA'S LILLLLLLLLLT"
>
Kaedan whispers, "OOC: ::guitar riff::"
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/23/2010 05:51 PM CST
Be glad to- if your character brings me blocks and says he/she wants them to honor the gods Flavius will gladly do so- he is in Shard. I haven't tried a heron with jade, but if I can't do it straight, I should be able to with a primer.
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/23/2010 06:26 PM CST
Just tried making a block out of jade, and it didn't appear to be mechanically possible- do you have special jade blocks?
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/23/2010 06:38 PM CST
Yeah I buy them in Theren. I think that's the only place they're sold.

They sell saffron topaz and some other stuff there too. I have no idea how difficult they all are.

Rev. Reene

You whisper to Kaedan, "OOC: CANT YOU SING LILT FOR ME IRL"
>
Kaedan whispers, "OOC: OOOOOH HODIERNA'S LILLLLLLLLLT"
>
Kaedan whispers, "OOC: ::guitar riff::"
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/24/2010 12:48 PM CST
I went to Theren and picked up a few of each of the block samples to test.

FYI:

Your spirit soars with pride as you place the last finishing touch on your rendition of a heron, completing a jade heron bead.
Roundtime: 25 sec.

> app bead

You are completely positive that a jade heron bead is of exemplary quality for its material type, and average quality overall.
Roundtime: 8 sec.

W/O primer at 377 mech.
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/24/2010 12:51 PM CST
Also, the saffron topaz block:

You are completely positive that a saffron topaz heron bead is of fine quality for its material type, and good quality overall.
Roundtime: 8 sec.
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/24/2010 01:08 PM CST
And the rest for giggles:

You are completely positive that a deobar adder bead is of exemplary quality for its material type, and poor quality overall.

You are completely positive that an amber adder bead is of exemplary quality for its material type, and decent quality overall.

You are completely positive that an acanth adder bead is of exemplary quality for its material type, and decent quality overall.

Notice how I can get exmplary quality for that type, but the type sucks overall? Me too. Saffron I didn't get exemplary for its type, but had a better overall quality. Tells me saffron can go even further, yum.

So, tested saffron after reading the appropriate primer and got:

You are completely positive that a saffron topaz adder bead is of exemplary quality for its material type, and good quality overall.

Still only good overall :/

Also:

Scholarship: 597 09% mind lock (34/34) Mechanical Lore: 377 66% nearly locked (33/34)

Strength : 20 Reflex : 50
Agility : 40 Charisma : 60
Discipline : 80 Wisdom : 60
Intelligence : 60 Stamina : 30
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/24/2010 02:35 PM CST
Ebony can go up to superb overall quality. The only thing I've tested which can go up to flawless overall quality is copperwood, but I'd assume silverwood and bloodwood can also go to flawless overall, if not others.

Oddly:

You are completely positive that a copperwood spider bead is of fine quality for its material type, and flawless quality overall.

It doesn't even need to be exemplary to be flawless.
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/24/2010 03:22 PM CST
Good to know the skill ranges on those.

I'll see about grabbing some stuff and going to Shard.

Rev. Reene

(Ventuul demonstrates a sneak attack to the face.)
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/24/2010 04:01 PM CST
How much mech when you were doing copperwood? I've just always been using the blocks cuz I could just buy them and not worry about water... but could be fun to have crazy nice beads.
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/24/2010 04:30 PM CST
My guess is that you only need 400-450 to do copperwood neutral deities w/ a primer, maybe even less. At a bit past 500 I can do fine / flawless neutral deity ones without a primer. Dark deity ones still take a primer for me.
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/24/2010 05:10 PM CST
My mech and scholarship aren't that high but with a primer I may be able to carve it. Curious to try.
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/24/2010 06:17 PM CST
>>My guess is that you only need 400-450 to do copperwood neutral deities w/ a primer, maybe even less. At a bit past 500 I can do fine / flawless neutral deity ones without a primer. Dark deity ones still take a primer for me.

I completed a copperwood welkin bead with no primer at 325 mech within the last couple days, with one botched shape at the end.
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/24/2010 06:27 PM CST
Stupid guild-biased creation system.

With 540 Mech and 70 agility I can carve neutral aspect beads from crystal blocks with no primer, but I can't make a light aspect or use any harder material even with a primer, which I can read completely.

I would love to carve my own albatross beads to get favors. Using the primer feels like cheating.

~ Kougen

Moon Mages: Ripping reality a new one since 586 BL
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/24/2010 07:04 PM CST
>Stupid guild-biased creation system.

Trust me, MM are not the only ones that dislike the system sparky.
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/24/2010 10:32 PM CST
You should see how spectacularly I fail when I try to make CJ's.
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/24/2010 10:38 PM CST
You need to hit the moon mage harder and you'll get better results.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Favor Beads Devotional Bracelets 01/30/2010 06:20 PM CST
I would like to give a huge thank you to everyone who carved beads for the last Keeping the Faith event. Everyone really enjoyed the beads. I will be collecting more in the near future, however, I will be gathering beads for the Hav'roth triad (AKA the Skra Gods) cuz we will be celebrating them this Sunday. Plz find me or Terra in game or send me an IM: nightengallery .