Carving beads issue? 10/21/2017 02:01 PM CDT
I've been away for a bit, or maybe its me but I'm having issues carving prayer beads.
I dont know if its due to the changes in the system, my carving knife or what. I ditched the plain carving knife I had as I see the shaman up in Dirge now carries ritual knives so I got one of them. You used to be able to forage up plain old branches & limbs, cant anymore but I tried on a larch & maple branch & limb.

Did the forage, did the holy water sprinkle, did the bless but got the message back to the effect it glows but nothing else seems to happen. Carve (my) branch/limb with (my) (carving/ritual) knife kept outright failing, kept telling me to the effect it couldnt find the beast to carve.

Somethings changed & I'm missing the proper syntax it seems, or is it the bless spell failing? It never used to be this hard to carve a bloody prayer bead (sigh)

TIA & sorry if this is the wrong spot, figured its clerical in nature & an item & any articles on it I found just pointed me to epdia which has the carve method, I went there first to check my syntax.
Re: Carving beads issue? 10/21/2017 04:54 PM CDT
Here are the steps I take to create blocks. Using COLLECT and KICK STICK until you get the right kind of stick you want helps to find the right thing.

forage/collect stick
prep bless
sprinkle holy water on my stick
cast stick
carve stick with my knife

Once you have the block, you use a wood shaper to shape the block to the proper animal form.
Re: Carving beads issue? 10/21/2017 09:25 PM CDT
Thank you, so it looks like limbs & branches are no longer used for it? Just sticks now?
If so thats my issue then.
Re: Carving beads issue? 10/21/2017 10:14 PM CDT
Hmm, wierd.I tested on a limb & it was fine.

It may be I had a bad vial (old vial) as when I tried refilling it it would tell me I had no room for water but the vial was empty. So I dumped it & got a new one.

So, got a new vial, new jar, new water & new knife. And tested a friends old cam carving knife, it was fine.

Thanks for the help, all seems good now.
Re: Carving beads issue? 10/21/2017 10:15 PM CDT
Sticks and limbs both work. Branches do not. Are you specifying MY limb and MY knife? Maybe the parser is playing tricks on you.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Prayer_bead#Making_the_block

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.