Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/03/2017 03:00 PM CST
The deep red wine from Brother Durantine's Cleric shop in Crossing isn't stackable/combinable. Any chance we could get this changed?
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/03/2017 03:16 PM CST

Can't you just use glythtide's gift to summon wine on demand?
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/03/2017 03:54 PM CST
>Can't you just use glythtide's gift to summon wine on demand?

No.
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/03/2017 04:00 PM CST
Truthfully, I think all the items Clerics need to carry to learn Theurgy is pretty insane, imho.

~Gab
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/03/2017 04:17 PM CST
>>Truthfully, I think all the items Clerics need to carry to learn Theurgy is pretty insane, imho.

Oh, I sooo hear you on this one.

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/search_results.html?q=love
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/03/2017 06:40 PM CST

> >Can't you just use glythtide's gift to summon wine on demand?

> No.

Hmm. Why can't we? GMs, can you make bless cast on a drink turn it into sacramental wine, let Glythtide's Gift summon sacramental wine as one of it's options, or even give us a cast wine option like the cast drink option?
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/03/2017 06:47 PM CST
>Truthfully, I think all the items Clerics need to carry to learn Theurgy is pretty insane, imho.

Oh, I'm sorry, my thief is laughing in the corner.

>Hmm. Why can't we?

At the time of implementation it was stated to be a deliberate choice because theurgy needed items, and turning around to say 'you can make your own items on demand without cost' sort of defeated the purpose.

That was several magic designs ago and I think GG wasn't scroll only at the time.
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/04/2017 11:54 AM CST
I've got no problem stocking up on components (although I do like the GG casting wine idea) but it's just a shame there is such a strong difference in just what we 'stack' and not stack, especially with caps on the number of items we can have - with many of carrying already a extensive amount of things.

Flint for example gets many many uses from 1 piece
Incense can stack up to 100 in 1 part
Oil can be similarly stacked and then blessed
Wine on the other hand cannot be and any sort of 'travel' that you plan to take where you expect to be away from Cleric shops (remember there are many places where this stuff is not available in a local shop) forces you to stack like 20 spots (of a limited number) just to not run out.

I would love to see an item (like a mini keg of wine) type thing where we can fill it with wine (much like we do a chalice and 50+ parts of water). But it counts all as one item.
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/05/2017 08:49 PM CST
>>like a mini keg of wine

Kegs do exist, for example those sold at https://elanthipedia.play.net/Smokes_%27n%27_Spirits

Two of bugs prevent kegs from working for this purpose:

1. You cannot fill a keg with "sacramental wine" sold in Riverhaven. You can fill them with deep red wine and blessed sacramental wine sold in Crossing.
2. Kegs seem to change the beverage making the "flagon of red wine" or "flagon of sacramental wine" that comes out incompatible with the ritual of pouring wine onto an altar.

I created bug reports for both in game, and if they can be resolved it would be a great answer to the ask.
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/06/2017 01:59 AM CST
>>1. You cannot fill a keg with "sacramental wine" sold in Riverhaven. You can fill them with deep red wine and blessed sacramental wine sold in Crossing.

Is it only the Riverhaven wine?

>>2. Kegs seem to change the beverage making the "flagon of red wine" or "flagon of sacramental wine" that comes out incompatible with the ritual of pouring wine onto an altar.

This appears intentional with kegs that aren't holy themselves. I'll see if we can make some blessed kegs available. Or maybe just make wine blessable.

GM Grejuva
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/06/2017 08:03 AM CST

> Or maybe just make wine blessable.

Can we make all alcohol blessable, or have bless of a certain power turn any drinkable liquid into wine if cast <target> wine?
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/06/2017 12:07 PM CST
I've actually noticed a number of different altars that won't "take" the wine ritual. Return message when it fails is something like: Why don't you just PUT that there?

I haven't been able to figure out if it's just the type of wine (I've used several different ones) I'm using, or based on the altar I'm pouring on.
I can think of three altars off the top of my head that I've seen it fail:
Drogor altar at Riverhaven east gate
Quartz altar in Muspar'i cleric guild
Berengaria altar in Rossman's church

Segmere Freat
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/06/2017 12:18 PM CST
>>DR-GREJUVA: Is it only the Riverhaven wine?

Yes, "sacramental wine" sold in the Riverhaven cleric shop does not go into a keg. I get no response from the server when I type FILL KEG WITH WINE while holding sacramental wine and my keg. The same item is sold in a number of other shops: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Sacramental_wine

>>DR-GREJUVA: This appears intentional with kegs that aren't holy themselves. I'll see if we can make some blessed kegs available. Or maybe just make wine blessable.

Either would work in this case. My preference preference is to make it so wine can be blessed and work with the POUR WINE ON ALTAR ritual, if only so that I can use my current altered keg.
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/07/2017 05:54 AM CST
Either of these things would be wonderful - a 'blessed' keg that can hold many parts of deep red wine - or wine we can fill current kegs and then bless. Really happy to hear at least there is a fair chance of this being addressed - Thanks Grejuva!
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/14/2017 12:57 PM CST
>>Can we make all alcohol blessable, or have bless of a certain power turn any drinkable liquid into wine if cast <target> wine?<<

Well, we can turn dirt into water, so why not water into wine? Sounds like a good idea for another glythtide commune to me~

As for the particulars: It could work exactly the same as the Eluned one, except you hold the vial/chalice/bottle of holy water in your hand instead of some dirt and it converts the contents of the container. It could be a new way to train theurgy and stack wine at the same time, though it might put some cleric shops out of business.
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/28/2017 11:07 AM CST
Wine should now be blessable. (Thanks to Abasha for the QC!)

The issue with kegs and certain kinds of wine is trickier than I hoped. I'll have to get around to that another time.

GM Grejuva
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/28/2017 11:44 AM CST

Fantastic change. Can we add the drinks from Glythtide's Gift to this list? They use the nouns grog, mead, whiskey, ale, bloodgrog, and a few other special ones like noose, venom, revenge, and glogg. Or if it's easier, just add a cast wine option.
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/28/2017 01:14 PM CST

Neat!
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/28/2017 01:33 PM CST
>>Can we add the drinks from Glythtide's Gift to this list? They use the nouns grog, mead, whiskey, ale, bloodgrog, and a few other special ones like noose, venom, revenge, and glogg. Or if it's easier, just add a cast wine option.

Not at this time.

GM Grejuva
Re: Could deep red wine become stackable? 02/28/2017 02:14 PM CST
Great change. Thanks!
Since there aren't any 24/7 kegs available (AFAIK) would it be possible to get a keg like the vintner's wine keg added to either Brother Durantine's or Baearholt's Tavern shops?

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Vinter%27s_wine_keg