Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 03/30/2013 08:10 AM CDT
In past fests, I bought the following:

You tap a leather pilgrim's prayer cord that you are wearing.
You tap a bead carver's apron strewn with onyx chips that you are wearing.

Regarding the cord: Do they work like bead chains to store beads on? Or must I resort to the old chain?

Regarding the apron: Unless I'm mistaken, these were supposed to store blocks. I carved a block, but for the life of me can't put it in the apron. I checked the inventory of the apron and it shows there's a rough onyx block inside it, but when I look INTO the apron there's nothing, and the block I see using INV isn't there when I try to get it.

Are these items broke, or did they ever work?
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 03/30/2013 04:02 PM CDT

The cord i think may just be fluff.

The apron was broke for me in the exact same way for me- I should have assisted but instead I threw it away :)
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 03/30/2013 05:37 PM CDT
Shoot I was hoping both were functional. I wear chain armor and hate it when two objects conflict by name. As for the apron: this is an even bigger disappointment.
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 03/30/2013 07:13 PM CDT
>As for the apron: this is an even bigger disappointment.

I believe the apron will only accept items that match your phantom item.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 03/31/2013 06:07 PM CDT
Not sure if this just started happening today, or if it's been going on for awhile.. but prayer chains appear to be broken (which may relate to the earlier post about the prayer cord, or not):

>rem chain
You remove a kertig prayer bead chain interspersed with faceted black diamond beads from your wrist.

>l on chain
Strung on to the prayer bead chain you see a wood panther bead, a wood panther bead, a crystal shrike bead, a crystal shrike bead, a crystal shrike bead, a crystal shrike bead, a crystal shrike bead, a crystal shrike bead, a crystal shrike bead.

>medi chain
You bow your head in solemn contemplation.

>medi prayer chain

>medi my chain

Segmere Freat
Baron's Own Militia
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 03/31/2013 11:17 PM CDT
The chain I just picked up (from Dirge) within the past week works just fine.
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 03/31/2013 11:17 PM CDT
Um, you by chance wearing something else on you that is "chain?" Like "chain" armor?
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 04/02/2013 10:45 AM CDT
I have a carver's wallet decorated with ebony studs which works just like the aprons sold in festivals that you all are discussing. Mine came filled with 30 ebony blocks, and that is what you were seeing when you looked in your apron - the pre-loaded blocks you purchased with the apron that match its decoration - in your case, onyx. You can see the blocks in there when you look in and also by using the "inventory (container)" option. The true wonder of these containers is that they reduce your inventory count by reducing the number of blocks stored in them down to one.

These blocks can be removed ("get block from (container)") and then carve into beads. The containers are also refillable, so when my wallet was empty, I went to my local block shaman and bought 30 more ebony blocks, putting them all into the wallet for future use.

MRDAHJR1971, when you said you carved a block and tried to put it in your onyx-decorated apron, I am not understanding what you are trying to do. Your apron will only hold onyx blocks, it already contains onyx blocks that you can see, and you can't carve onyx blocks from anything I am aware of in game. Your particlar apron will only hold blocks you buy since its designated for onyx. Also, once you carve your block in even just the first step of the process of making a bead, it will no longer fit back into its container, but it will go on your prayer chain when fully carved into a bead.

Alden, I'm sorry to hear that you threw your apron away. If you or anyone wants to try these block containers between festivals, they are sold in the Cleric Shop in Muspar'i and offer ebony, onyx, oak, crystal, and wood versions. They come fully loaded, are easily refillable, reduce your inventory count, and really help make a cleric's devotional needs a snap to maintain. I purchases mine within a week of the new devotional needs and am very glad that I did.

Shenae

Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 04/02/2013 11:18 AM CDT
Shenae- thanks for the info- I could swear I tried every way I could think of to get that block out of the apron but your explanation seems great. I may go pick up another on in Muspari now.
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 04/03/2013 09:14 PM CDT
>inv bead apron
Inside the a bead carver's apron strewn with onyx chips, you see:

a rough onyx block
[Type INVENTORY HELP for more options]

However:

>l in my bead apron

There is nothing in there.

>ge block from my bead apron

What were you referring to?

Also, onyx: this is a stone. This can't be foraged, can it?
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 04/04/2013 09:17 AM CDT

That is the apron that I had- and that is what happened when I tried to use it. I would suggest bugging it in game.
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 04/04/2013 11:53 AM CDT
And what about the "onyx?" I'm not going to have to resort to buying material from a store to carve blocks, am I, with this apron? I had hoped to be able to forage up the material freely.
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 04/04/2013 12:05 PM CDT
Those are the blocks you buy from the acolytes or monks that walk around towns.
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 04/05/2013 07:18 AM CDT
Eh ok I'll just hafta try and find an apron the holds ebony blocks or even oak. Pretty sure those can be foraged.
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 04/05/2013 03:19 PM CDT

>> Eh ok I'll just hafta try and find an apron the holds ebony blocks or even oak. Pretty sure those can be foraged.

Oak is pretty common. I'm not sure on Ebony but its at least available all seasons w/ no weird restrictions.

http://www.olwydd.org/herbs/compendium.php
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 04/05/2013 04:10 PM CDT

I find carving blocks to be to irritating and not rewarding enough- I like buying them and avoiding that part- if you are going to carry blocks around anyway I prefer just to buy them.
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 04/05/2013 04:15 PM CDT
Keep in mind that this was a long time ago- But I did forage ebony down in Shard, in front of the Gorbesh fortress.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Regarding Beads, Aprons and Cords 04/06/2013 11:15 PM CDT
Ebony can be foraged outside the Ne Gate in the Crossing and Rugglestone Close the room with the Gazebo. In Theren near the jousting area. The Ratha the green. There's a bunch of other places but I can't remember at the moment sorry!

Basthet