Clerical Belt Knives 12/28/2010 01:43 PM CST
I'd love to see some Clerical or godly belt knives, particularly if they can be worn in other locations (thigh, ankle, wrist, upper arm, etc.). Maybe make them ritual knives like the ones the prayer bead sellers sell, or give them similar designs to the cassocks or knives sold in the prayer bead carving cases at the Guildfest.

~Thilan
Re: Clerical Belt Knives 12/29/2010 10:52 AM CST
I have a few ritual knives that I really love. But, I don't train LE and I don't want to lose them when training LT. So while I like this suggestion, what I really want for next Christmas is a ritual for which to use my ritual knives. Even if it's just verbs for an RP situation.

I'm almost desperate enough to train LE to sacrifice someone on an altar, but not quite. :)

~player of Caelane
Re: Clerical Belt Knives 12/29/2010 11:19 AM CST
>> I'm almost desperate enough to train LE to sacrifice someone on an altar, but not quite.

There's a lovely place down in Misenseor just for you then. All it needs is a little sprucing up, some black candles, and a Bard in the shadows to chant ominously. Oh, and a mop to clean up after the last sacrifice. Been there a while.

- Aristron
Re: Clerical Belt Knives 12/29/2010 02:01 PM CST
>>Even if it's just verbs for an RP situation.

I've always wanted to do this:
"On the right, a hideous black unicorn stands in the midst of the fields. Kneeling before the beast, the priest holds a knife against his palm, a red substance covering the edge as a few splashes fall to the ground."

>>I'm almost desperate enough to train LE to sacrifice someone on an altar, but not quite. :)

And that too! Some sort of sacrifice ritual for devotion (done on critters instead of skinning/looting) would be nice -- plunge the Blessed ritual knife into the chest and twist it around until there's nothing left.

~Thilan
Re: Clerical Belt Knives 12/29/2010 02:08 PM CST
Random non-sequitur: One of my most favorite memories when I started playing was when two older clerics convinced me to RP a ritual sacrifice with them. (Caelane was something like 6th circle and I had no idea what I was doing). Not only did it completely change her rather naive beliefs, it was a lot of fun. I kind of wish we had more opportunities for things like this. Not necessarily sacrificing, but opportunities to create rituals, even group rituals, to perform. I'm hoping when Theurgy comes about we'll have some ritual items and more rituals to go along with them.
Re: Clerical Belt Knives 12/31/2010 09:34 AM CST
<<I kind of wish we had more opportunities for things like this. Not necessarily sacrificing, but opportunities to create rituals, even group rituals, to perform. I'm hoping when Theurgy comes about we'll have some ritual items and more rituals to go along with them.>>

Definitely agreed. Maybe the ritual spell form in Magic 3.0 and the magic foci will expand opportunities like that.
Re: Clerical Belt Knives 01/07/2011 03:01 PM CST
a dark steel ritual knife with a sharply hooked tip

> app rit knif
The ritual knife is made with metal.
It appears that the ritual knife can be worn on the upper arm.
You guess that the ritual knife weighs about 10 stones.
You are certain that the ritual knife is worth exactly 2200 lirums.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

Is this sort of what you are looking for? It functions like a belt knife, but not really godly, or cleric like. There were a lot of non-belt worn belt knives sold during the Guildfest.