Flavius Altered Item 11/13/2010 09:36 PM CST
Flavius,

Care to share the altered item, that you won the voucher for at the recent Hallow Eve festival, or hasn't it been altered?

Re: Flavius Altered Item 11/14/2010 12:01 AM CST
Yes I'd love to see what you got done!

Crystell
Re: Flavius Altered Item 11/14/2010 11:47 PM CST
Still thinking on it. I will be sure to share.

Can I share this though?

>tap shirt
You tap a battle priest's chain shirt emblazoned with the image of a flying raven that you are wearing.
>look shirt
>
A myriad of tiny black scales hang from both the front and back of the piece of armor, hand-etched to resemble feathers. Small pieces of silver are set into each of the birds' eyes, each one polished to a mirror finish. Bronze links bearing bits of sickly green verdigris form the vague silhouette of a forge, a half-finished sword laid flat across its surface.
There appears to be something written on it.
>read shirt
A chain shirt reads:
"Kertigan's Devout"

It was made to match my helm- which was my prize for a contest sometime back:
You get a battle priest's helm shaped like a raven head from inside your traveler's pack.
>You put a battle priest's helm shaped like a raven head on your head.
>tap helm
You tap your battle priest's helm, eliciting an eerie "caw caw" sound reminiscent of an angry raven.
>look helm
The brass helm bears individual scales hand-etched to resemble feathers and a nasal bar reminiscent of a beak. Small pieces of twisted and blackened bone remain mashed into the chain, evidently from years of protection against undead onslaught. Even the relatively less worn-out links are a sickly hue of dried green as though tainted permanently by the accursed ichor. A small plaque has been discreetly riveted to the interior.
There appears to be something written on it.
>read helm
A battle priest's helm reads:
"Given to my son Flavius to honor Kertigen."

My appreciation to both the GM's who designed these pieces from my rather incoherent ramblings. They are far better than what I would have put together myself.

Frankly I am worried that my voucher plans are rather mundane- though I will say that I had hoped for exactly this type of alteration.

Clerics are just so cuddly you can't get mad at them, until they try to rip your soul out and chew on it like a candy bar.
Re: Flavius Altered Item 11/15/2010 12:31 AM CST
Those are great. I love that the helm caws.
Re: Flavius Altered Item 11/15/2010 01:20 AM CST
Nice alterations. Might want to get the shirt's read fixed though.