bead carving objects 11/02/2010 01:27 AM CDT
Hrm. They're the bead carver's aprons in the shop with the cleric's goodies on the first floor, sw of the ramp. Langa's tried em, he says he's up to 25 blocks in it right now, but they get kind of heavy. I'll let him know this is here and perhaps he'll reply in and give a better review of it.
Re: bead carving objects 11/02/2010 01:39 AM CDT
Misenseor Goods is the name of the shop.
http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Misenseor_Goods_(3)

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"
Re: bead carving objects 11/02/2010 02:37 AM CDT
<<Hrm. They're the bead carver's aprons in the shop with the cleric's goodies on the first floor, sw of the ramp. Langa's tried em, he says he's up to 25 blocks in it right now, but they get kind of heavy. I'll let him know this is here and perhaps he'll reply in and give a better review of it.

Yup. Grejuva's post pulled me away from games to go buy one. I was able to fit 30 ebony blocks in an apron, but like Langa said they do get heavy. It literally stacks the blocks (3 stones per block) inside. So 30 blocks * 3 stones/block + 5 stones for the apron = 95 stones for a full apron.

I think what I'll do is vault a few full ones for when I know I'm going to be combat inactive, but carry around the wooden chip one, since I think this is the one where player made blocks will fit.

Nikpack
Re: bead carving objects 11/02/2010 02:51 AM CDT
>>I think what I'll do is vault a few full ones for when I know I'm going to be combat inactive, but carry around the wooden chip one, since I think this is the one where player made blocks will fit.

The wood chip one will only accept "a rough wood block", the ebony chip one only "a rough ebony block" (player-made or otherwise), and so on. Not ideal, but it's a technical limitation we have to work with.

GM Grejuva
Re: bead carving objects 11/02/2010 05:19 AM CDT
Thanks for the clarification Grejuva.

I'm going to have to decide which one fits me best I think.

Nikpack
Re: bead carving objects 11/02/2010 09:12 AM CDT
What's the syntax for these things? I can't seem to get anything into them.
Re: bead carving objects 11/02/2010 11:49 AM CDT
Okay, it's not that I have the syntax wrong, it's that they're not taking my player-made blocks:

>put block in apron
You put a rough crystal block into a bead carver's apron strewn with crystal chips.

...purchased block works.

>remove apron
You take off a bead carver's apron strewn with ebony chips.
>get eb block
You get a rough ebony block from inside your travel pack.
>put block in apron
You can't put that in there.

>remove apron
You take off a bead carver's apron strewn with wood chips.
>get other block
You get a rough wood block from inside your travel pack.
>put block in apron
You can't put that in there.

...handmade blocks don't.
Re: bead carving objects 11/02/2010 12:14 PM CDT
This should be fixed for the blocks that are carved after now.

GM Grejuva
Re: bead carving objects 11/09/2010 09:17 AM CST
>>The wood chip one will only accept "a rough wood block", the ebony chip one only "a rough ebony block" (player-made or otherwise), and so on. Not ideal, but it's a technical limitation we have to work with.

Managed to get my hands on these and they seem like they'll be useful once I run out of my supply of blocks I made before the switch.

I don't know how difficult it would be to code, but would it be possible to make a "blank" one that doesn't become an apron covered in X chips until after a block of X wood is put in there (and then it only accepts that type like the existing ones)?

~Thilan