Block making 08/29/2010 11:43 PM CDT
Grejuva,

I feel it's got too much roundtime and requires too many commands to make a block out of a stick. I'd use copperwood / silverwood / mistwood / bloodwood more if it wasn't such a pain to make blocks out of. On top of being about 30 seconds of roundtime (which teaches very little) with Benediction up, it requires holy water and swapping items around. Just not worth it.

Can we have the block-making ritual streamlined? Or, as an alternative, can we have the bead sellers around Elanthia modified to sell something harder than ebony?
Re: Block making 08/29/2010 11:45 PM CDT
Seconded.
Re: Block making 08/29/2010 11:52 PM CDT
Sounds like arrow making. My guess is the response will be wait for the mech split.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
Re: Block making 08/30/2010 03:00 AM CDT
>>My guess is the response will be wait for the mech split.

Not necessarily the mech split, but yes, immediate tweaks to bead carving are unlikely due to its planned integration into the new wood carving systems.

>>Or, as an alternative, can we have the bead sellers around Elanthia modified to sell something harder than ebony?

If this is an experience-related concern, learning is currently capped at ebony level.

GM Grejuva
Re: Block making 08/30/2010 08:05 AM CDT
>>Sounds like arrow making. My guess is the response will be wait for the mech split.

Or for that matter gweth making and smithing and the new stone carving is exactly light on verbs and item swapping.

Re: Block making 08/30/2010 10:20 AM CDT
>If this is an experience-related concern, learning is currently capped at ebony level.

Oh, huh. Yeah it was mostly an experience related concern.
Re: Block making 08/30/2010 09:16 PM CDT
>If this is an experience-related concern, learning is currently capped at ebony level.

Is there a reason why? Or did this system just outgrow the initial mechanics?

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.