Priest/Priestess 04/05/2008 09:40 PM CDT
In looking for a change from my Cleric's usual titles, I realized that one of her old favorite titles seems to not exist anymore.

Is there any way we can get the Priest/Priestess titles back? If I recall correctly, they were approximately 20th circle titles, and that level of skill seems appropriate. We currently have Warrior Priest/Priestess, Shadow Priest, and High Priest/Priestess but... not just Priest/Priestess.

~Nialle
Re: Priest/Priestess 04/15/2008 04:58 PM CDT
Furthermore, why Shadow Priest and not Shadow Priestess?
Re: Priest/Priestess 04/15/2008 06:35 PM CDT

Furthermore, why Shadow Priest and not Shadow Priestess?

possibly because its 16 letters long? at one time i believe titles were limited to 15 letters <including spaces>

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Priest/Priestess 04/15/2008 08:14 PM CDT
That'd make sense.

Maybe change the second word if there is such a limitation to something shorter but still indicative of a female gender? Vestal? Canoness? Anchoret? Ascetic?

Or we could leave it alone, if it's really a limitation of the system.
Re: Priest/Priestess 04/15/2008 08:37 PM CDT
>>titles were limited to 15 letters

Defender of the Faith, anyone?
Re: Priest/Priestess 04/16/2008 06:53 AM CDT
like i said, it was an old limitation. I'm not sure it applies any longer since skill based titles have come into play.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>