Lower Level Suggestion 03/06/2007 08:22 PM CST
If a baby cleric may join the conversation . . .

These won't be quite as exciting as the other suggestions, but might be acceptable for lower levels. Perhaps "missionary" or "evangelist", attached to a teaching requirement maybe? I didn't notice anything like that on the list, but clerics certainly spend a lot of time in classes.

Paylu, who doesn't know a lot about the title system, but probably too much about churches
Re: Lower Level Suggestion 03/07/2007 09:34 AM CST
>"missionary" or "evangelist"

I like both of those, but usually a missionary is not someone who is in the youth of their faith and therefore I would add that to get said title you would have had to have done at least a few quests.

Bambina
Re: Lower Level Suggestion 03/07/2007 09:47 AM CST
>>I like both of those, but usually a missionary is not someone who is in the youth of their faith and therefore I would add that to get said title you would have had to have done at least a few quests.

Depends on the religion -- the vigor associated with youth is often seen as an asset to missionary work. Mormons, for example, do their missionary work when they're young (no older than 26 IIRC).

Maybe a Cleric who's learned a MM spell can be a televangelist...

~Thilan
Re: Lower Level Suggestion 03/07/2007 10:14 AM CST
I've a friend who just turned 19 and is involved in alot of missionary work.

River

>flee e

You wonder if your envelope is the home of an evil spirit.
Re: Lower Level Suggestion 03/07/2007 02:12 PM CST
To wit, Bambina said "youth of their faith", not "youth". In such a case, it is the maturity of one's faith, not one's age, that matters.

Ergo, a couple cleric quests or a dozen circles and sufficient devotion fits just fine.

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://www.rangerrawb.com/wiki/index.php/User:Diarik
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pensive-spirit/
Re: Lower Level Suggestion 03/07/2007 06:52 PM CST
>>I like both of those, but usually a missionary is not someone who is in the youth of their faith and therefore I would add that to get said title you would have had to have done at least a few quests.<<

Actually, the Mormon Church requires its younger members to go on a mission after they graduate high school, if I remember correctly. I know my own church sends high school and college kids on mission trips to Mexico, and many young preachers who have just received their ordination do so precisely to go to the mission field. So there's a precedent.

But I was thinking "lower level" as in "not ridiculously godlike like some of the titles suggested here would have to be." Maybe somewhere in the twenties or thirties?

Paylu
Re: Lower Level Suggestion 03/07/2007 09:11 PM CST
>To wit, Bambina said "youth of their faith", not "youth". In such a case, it is the maturity of one's faith, not one's age, that matters.

Different churches have differing standards. Some (as the moromon example) have faith/age dicotomy. Some have simple age standards, and some (southern baptist) have no age or other requirement other than 'I want to go'.

I put it to Lirrak to decide what he wants it to be. Since he's the GM, after all.
Re: Lower Level Suggestion ::NUDGE:: 03/07/2007 10:14 PM CST
Getting a bit too "real-lifey" here folks. Stick to Religions within Elanthia please.

Thanks!
Soveign

If you have any questions and/or comments, please feel free to send them to me at MOD-Soveign@play.net, Senior Board Moderator Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net or Board Supervisor Cecco at DR-Cecco@play.net.
Re: Lower Level Suggestion ::NUDGE:: 03/08/2007 02:23 AM CST
>>Getting a bit too "real-lifey" here folks. Stick to Religions within Elanthia please.

The ones we made up, or the ones that we pretend are supported by the game? <ducks>

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://www.rangerrawb.com/wiki/index.php/User:Diarik
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pensive-spirit/
Re: Lower Level Suggestion 03/08/2007 07:24 AM CST
>To wit, Bambina said "youth of their faith", not "youth". In such a case, it is the maturity of one's faith, not one's age, that matters.

I did indeed. My daughter almost went on her first missions trip last year (at age 12).

>The ones we made up, or the ones that we pretend are supported by the game? <ducks>

But aren't the ones we made up the ones we pretend are supported by the game?

>I've always found it irritatingly interesting that so many (of every single race) claim to be orphans in Elanthia. ~ Bambina
Re: Lower Level Suggestion 03/08/2007 07:34 AM CST
Missionary makes sense as a low circle Cleric title, IMO. Perhaps as low as 5th circle or so.

Given the guild itself has us run over half of Zoluren in the first few circles alone, it's not a stretch to see low circle players travelling to spread the word of the gods.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
<Conskill> You're like an Empath, but with a drug dependancy.
Re: Lower Level Suggestion 03/09/2007 11:33 AM CST
>>Missionary makes sense as a low circle Cleric title, IMO. Perhaps as low as 5th circle or so.

Given the guild itself has us run over half of Zoluren in the first few circles alone, it's not a stretch to see low circle players travelling to spread the word of the gods.<<

A very good point. And the gods know, we lowbies spend enough time yammering about the gods in an attempt to find out what we're doing to qualify as missionaries and evangelists. Or, at least, nuisances.

Paylu, pondering the title "Nuisance"