Alignment FAQ 04/08/2002 09:17 PM CDT
Q: What will alignment be?
A: We plan to make alignment a roleplay-oriented decision that grants you certain cosmetic features tuned to your style of play. Spells might look slightly different. Special cantrips or titles might be obtained. There may be certain areas of the game -- something of a sub-guild -- available only to members of a specific alignment. It will be somewhat like Moon Mage Sects, but a bit more loosely organized.

Q: I don't want to end up with all sorts of penalties due to an alignment I choose (or don't choose).
A: At this point, we are headed with the focus that alignment will be 95% roleplay-oriented. We plan to keep true mechanical advantages to a minimum, except in one or two possible places.

Q: Do I have to choose an alignment? Will I end up "neutral" if I don't?
A: You will not be forced to choose an aligment. The "neutral" alignment will not be the same as no alignment at all.

Q: Are We There Yet?
A: Alignment hasn't even entered proposal stage at this point, let alone development. At this point we are focusing on bringing a more cohesive vision to the Cleric Guild as a whole. We plan to flesh out true mechanics and get these things in working order, after which we can focus heavily on roleplay aspects such as Alignment.

-GM Skralthaen