Current Magic FAQ 04/08/2002 09:10 PM CDT
First round of magic questions, in no particular order.

Q: Is anything ever going to be done with Kertigen's Will?
A: Kertigen's Will is slated for a full rewrite with a completely new concept, centered around 'spiritual defense'. No further details are available yet.

Q: Soul Attrition is horrible against creatures. Will this ever be changed?
A: We have been in the process of revising the spirit health numbers for both players and creatures alike. The creature phase is complete. The player phase should be complete when Magic 2.1 is released. At that point, Soul Attrition will be completely rewritten and we may continue with further spirit-based spells.

Q: Spirit Beacon isn't a very good spell.
A: We have plans for it.

Q: Phelim's Sanction is not nearly strong enough for the cost of all your harness.
A: We plan to address this at some point.

Q: What happened to Halo?
A: Halo was originally written by GM Enbarr. It was originally turned down in QC because of its strength. I have not attempted to do anything with it since because I felt that Halo's purpose would be redundant with Phelim's Sanction. Halo will be picked up again, but we plan to rewrite it to serve a different goal than raw damage -- as both Phelim's Sanction and the planned Harm Horde are already slated toward this goal.

Q: Soul Bond doesn't do anything, really. Can we make it do something?
A: The Resurrection spell does not cost a spell slot. Soul Bond essentially serves as this cost. So no, we have no plans to make Soul Bond do anything particularly interesting in and of itself.

Q: I've got Uncurse, but never see anything cursed to use it on!
A: We are gradually introducing more cursed items into the game. Big plans here. No, I won't tell you what.

Q: Will Resurrection change?
A: Yes. Resurrection will be rewritten at some point.

Note: These are not the only changes we plan to make to our magic in the future. However, these are the ones we are prepared to talk about at this time.

-GM Skralthaen