Possible COMMUNE bug 01/12/2017 06:07 PM CST
Lately, I've been having issues when I commune; I have to do it twice because I get the message "You stop when you can't seem to find it!" This happens whether I'm trying to to start a commune or check my level of devotion, but doesn't do it all the time. As an example:

You sprinkle yourself with some holy water.
>commune
You stop when you can't seem to find it!
>commune

You feel warmth spread throughout your body, making the very ends of your hair tingle. A vibrant blue nimbus encloses you before fading away.

__
A swamp troll looks at you.
Re: Possible COMMUNE bug 01/13/2017 12:02 AM CST
I'm not totally sure when exactly it was implemented... but more often that not simply attaching the name of the commune (i.e. commune tamsine in your example) triggers it better.

I feel like the having to do it twice may just be a remnant of a verb/system that [once upon a time] didn't respond to parsing.

Still a bug that ought to be squished at some point, I suppose.

Segmere Freat
Re: Possible COMMUNE bug 01/13/2017 06:19 AM CST

also the room right inside the Riverhaven temple is terrible about this. not sure why but that one room is strange with communes. might be location
Re: Possible COMMUNE bug 01/13/2017 12:23 PM CST
http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Clerics/Bugs%20~%20Clerics/view/878

>>This tends to happen after doing the sirese seed ritual.

>Did you sprinkle holy water on the seed instead of the room? That would make the Commune verb think you're trying to focus on that object. This oddity used to block Commune entirely for a few minutes (duration of sprinkled water), but I tweaked it so that the first attempt resets it. It should be negligible.

>GM Grejuva