Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/14/2015 12:43 AM CDT
I was forced to stand and watch as a poor empath was mercilessly crushed by the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung swamp because Uncurse doesn't work on the claw anymore.

Any chance we can get Uncurse to work on that evil cursed skeletal claw wandering the Zaulfung?

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/14/2015 09:18 AM CDT

Did you bug this IG?

You probably did....but...just askin!
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/14/2015 01:06 PM CDT
I've already bugged this myself and near as I can tell it's been broken (and posted about) for several years now.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/15/2015 03:54 PM CDT
This should be fixed now.

GM Grejuva
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/15/2015 04:11 PM CDT
Heh. It's just a matter of getting the right post to hit the right people at the right time. :D

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/15/2015 04:26 PM CDT

THANK YOU, thank you very much. I know it is not a huge thing but I really do appreciate you fixing it.
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/15/2015 09:44 PM CDT

>cast claw
You gesture at a giant skeletal claw.
Brilliant waves of holy light pulse blindingly through the cracks of the skeletal claw! Violent creaks begin to emanate from the claw in protest.
You feel the curse on the skeletal claw break!

A giant skeletal claw suddenly explodes, sending massive chunks of bone flying in all directions!

Yep i tried to snag the bones and the finger for bone carving and they are to heavy. SAME AS BEFORE LOL. Love it. thank you. they were always to heavy to pick up but sure add a lot of flavor.
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/15/2015 10:55 PM CDT
Thanks for posting that Cadderrly. You saved me tracking down an uncurse scroll to sorcerously slay that beast to see it first hand.

Also big thanks to Grejuva!

Vote:
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/15/2015 10:58 PM CDT
Yaaaay!

Thayet
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/22/2015 09:47 PM CDT

>cast claw
You gesture at a wicked sluagh claw.
Small tendrils of curious silvery light slither from your fingertips toward a wicked sluagh claw.
The sluagh claw doesn't appear to be cursed.
>
Your legs are dripping with water. Pools of it are forming all around you.
>
The skeletal claw's bony fingers creep slowly inward.

I had to try this, I put up halo and uncurse in HYH and waited for the claw to grab me. I could not go out even when it first grabbed me. I could not uncurse it from inside it, it defaulted a slaugh claw in my bundle. Halo did nothing. Uncurse in hex hydra seems to have no effect at all on the claw, even if you walk into a room with the claw already there and it pulses. It ignores them or does not see it as a potential target. Just some testing notes, yep i took one for the team to do it but was worth it to find out.
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/22/2015 09:57 PM CDT
I think Uncurse only ever worked from the outside, didn't it?

The inside does seem to progress to inescapable rather more quickly than it used to though.

Thayet
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/22/2015 10:01 PM CDT

Uncurse only worked in the past from the outside. I figured since they "fixed" it I would try and see if it worked inside. Before if it grabbed you, there was a short window to stand and go out to escape it. I think perhaps it was an escape check. However if it grabs you now, if there is not another cleric on the outside it does not matter what you do, you just put up MF and wait to die.... I understand with escaping going away and it not teaching escaping ect why there is no skill check but kind of sad that there is no way to get out of it anymore....
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/22/2015 10:56 PM CDT
Be pretty cool if Halo allowed you to bust out of that claw from the inside like the kool aid man.

Vote:
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/22/2015 11:42 PM CDT

Yep it is why i had to try it, to see if they had added some cool feature or to see if i could uncurse from the inside and blow it apart. PFE protects vs the claw some but even with a capped PFE cast in an OM orb, you still get grabbed at times. If your solo hunting, which most clerics out here do, then your just done for unless they revise it. I would love to see halo bust it, No idea what reason for HYH is not working with uncurse against it or not being able to uncurse it from inside from a game logic point of view. The area would probably see more use if the random roll death by claw factor was looked into. I am ok with an area being dangerous, but if your solo hunting the claw is like a random dice roll for standing in the room. if it rolls a 20 your toast.... If it rolls 1-19 the PFE protects you. Not a combat check, or escaping check or skill check just roll vs death unless you have another cleric in the room with you.
Re: Uncurse doesn't affect the skeletal claw in the Zaulfung 09/24/2015 04:41 PM CDT

Also the stone and bone parts of the claw that are too heavy to pick up, you can't carve them in place and you can't deed them..... yep i got a packet of deeds to try it just because .... Well someone had too...