Idon's Theft and Fines 08/18/2014 10:14 PM CDT
If you attempt to use Idon's Theft in a crowded area and you have a fine you get the messaging "You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is."

If you're in a room with only a couple people Idon's Theft will trigger.

Intended or bug?
Re: Idon's Theft and Fines 08/18/2014 10:37 PM CDT
Hahaha....

I love some of our bugs.

That said, looking at the script it looks like there's something else stopping you from using Idon's theft in one of the standard checks which is causing it to default back to the normal steal verb.

Being stunned/immobilized, dead target, safehaven or no magic area, various states of hiding (for the caster or the target) and so forth. It could be a little clearer when that happens however.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Idon's Theft and Fines 08/18/2014 11:07 PM CDT
Interesting, this was in Wyverns Arena area and it was a saferoom however there was a crowd. When I switched rooms with someone and attempted to steal their buff I received the message

[Wyvern Arena, Triage Area]
The cold stone floor of this room slopes slightly toward a rough metal trough, allowing for good drainage and easy cleaning. Heavy wrought iron cots are arranged at intervals along the back wall. Standing sentinel over each cot, large brass lamps provide excellent lighting for the healers and attendants.
You also see a large white cabinet, a heavy iron cart with a few things on it, a wash basin, a ramp leading to the competition area and an arch.
Also here: Raikage, Gypsy Verrouille, Wildflower Kaindell, Tower Guard Warbrolus and Tournament Director Aevel.
Obvious exits: west.
> > > steal aevel
Aevel grins.
>
You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is.

You go west.

[Wyvern Arena, Alcove]
This tiny alcove is dominated by a rough-hewn granite statue of a proud wolverine standing guard over a simple cedar altar. The floor is strewn with fresh evergreen boughs, their dense, verdant needles hushing the area and lending the air a sharp, crisp scent.
Also here: Tournament Director Aevel.
Obvious exits: east.

>
You start to steal from Aevel, but hear the soft murmurings of the gods in your ear. The murmurings subside and the single voice of Damaris speaks to you, "There is a time and place for everything, Aftermath. In this sanctified spot all are my children and have temporary protection from your...arts." As the voice fades, your hand falls weakly to your side.
>
Aevel utters a few arcane words and orange flames abruptly begin to blaze between her fingertips!
>
> steal aev
You start to steal from Aevel, but hear the soft murmurings of the gods in your ear. The murmurings subside and the single voice of Damaris speaks to you, "There is a time and place for everything, Aftermath. In this sanctified spot all are my children and have temporary protection from your...arts." As the voice fades, your hand falls weakly to your side.

Also:

[Arthelun Ruins, Courtyard]
The parts from a shattered humanoid statue are scattered here, interspersed with jagged blocks of pumice and tile fragments from ruined murals. A slender, long-fingered marble hand juts upward from a mound of debris, seeming to wave cheerfully at those who pass this way.
You also see a lava drake that appears stunned, a lava drake and a lava drake.
Also here: Puddly.
Obvious paths: east, southeast, south.
>
> steal warb
The drake weaves about drunkenly, its form losing coherence.
>
You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is.

> steal puddly

IT Worked
Re: Idon's Theft and Fines 08/19/2014 12:03 AM CDT
I sincerely hope that Puddly's last name is Wuddly.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Re: Idon's Theft and Fines 08/19/2014 09:45 AM CDT
> steal warb

I feel the love.