Song scrolls need a QoL update 09/08/2020 09:59 AM CDT
Song scrolls could really use a QoL update to allow multiple people ingame to study a song at once. Currently only one person can study a song scroll at a time and no one else can study the same song until they've finished it/learned the song. If they forget they started it or drop the scroll or put it on a donation shelf or stop playing that character everyone else is locked out.
Re: Song scrolls need a QoL update 09/08/2020 05:40 PM CDT
>Song scrolls could really use a QoL update to allow multiple people ingame to study a song at once. Currently only one person can study a song >scroll at a time and no one else can study the same song until they've finished it/learned the song. If they forget they started it or drop the >scroll or put it on a donation shelf or stop playing that character everyone else is locked out.

The way song scrolls are coded, this wouldn't be possible. I don't know that it would be possible to have the same information (song scrolls) available to multiple parties with the way we handle data.

While I can ask around a better coder than I, I have the feeling that would require an entire revamp of the system IF it's even possible.

Sorry I don't have better news regarding song scrolls, as I understand the frustration.

~Evike
Twitter: @EvikeDR
Re: Song scrolls need a QoL update 09/08/2020 08:00 PM CDT
I don't know if this qualifies as an entire revamp but if someone else attempting to study the song scroll would start a timer for an interaction check on that particular song scroll and 'reset' the scroll after X amount of days/time without any interaction from it's 'owner' it would be great too. If that's the same as a rewrite disregard hehe.
Re: Song scrolls need a QoL update 09/10/2020 03:29 PM CDT
Would it be possible to make them all as easy as possible? I know with high skill they can be learned on the second study. Could this be the case for all skill levels?