Suggestions for solving the Weather Problem 12/05/2019 06:14 PM CST
So, despite being a 150+ Bard, I still have to occasionally practice in the rain/snow. Sometimes it's just not practical to find a spot indoors near a hunting ground, and I don't want to give up learning from other cyclics to use Caress. So I just end up hurting my poor tabla and then fixing it, and it feels very unBardly. :(

So I have two possible solutions to suggest:

1. Allow us to "extend" the pole of our umbrellas so we can plant them in the ground at our feet. This way we could play with two hands and weather protection. For any who didn't know, yes, umbrellas really work to protect your instruments! They just currently require a hand, and many instruments require two hands.

2. Change Caress of the Sun to become a regular cast spell and not a cyclic. I don't think this would be too OP. The only issue is that it's a valuable learning tool for new Bards as a cyclic. Maybe it could somehow be toggled between the two types?

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Suggestions for solving the Weather Problem 12/06/2019 10:16 PM CST
One spell-slot meta spell to make CARE non-cyclic? I would spend a slot for that.
Re: Suggestions for solving the Weather Problem 12/08/2019 03:44 AM CST
>>One spell-slot meta spell to make CARE non-cyclic?

Yes, that would be great, but make it 0 slots. I don't think we should have to spend a slot to be the best at keeping instruments dry.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Suggestions for solving the Weather Problem 12/08/2019 10:51 AM CST

How about just letting segue last indefinitely based on performance?

0000 ranks: CARE
0150 ranks: FAE
0300 ranks: HODI
0450 ranks: BOTF
0600 ranks: EYE
0750 ranks: SANC
0900 ranks: EYE
1000 ranks: AEWO
1150 ranks: ALB
1300 ranks: BALM
1500 ranks: GJ
1750 ranks: Pyre / Aban

It'd give performance a reason to exist, allow bards access to more of their toolkit, and bring back the supernatural element to bardic songs.
Re: Suggestions for solving the Weather Problem 12/08/2019 01:14 PM CST
Care is normally zero slots. I think the only other zero slot spells are Compost and Focus Moonbeam. So it seems reasonable for CARE to cost 0 slots without the cyclic 'penalty'.