Music in the home 01/08/2010 10:27 AM CST
So my bard was complaining to me yesterday that she wanted a harpsichord in her home. As I am not anywhere near strong enough to haul one back myself, can we have that put on the list of purchasable items in the furniture shop? Pretty please?

"The act of defending any of the cardinal virtues has today all the exhilaration of a vice." - G.K. Chesterton
Re: Music in the home 01/08/2010 10:36 AM CST
Oh that would be so awesome. I second this request. Just don't let it take up a desk slot please.

>bluff silv
You realize you have no idea how to bluff an unintelligent beast like the Leader Silvyrfrost.
Re: Music in the home 01/08/2010 01:23 PM CST
>Oh that would be so awesome. I second this request. Just don't let it take up a desk slot please.

I don't know, my MIDI keyboard always ends up covered in beer cans and stuff. That's pretty desky.
Re: Music in the home 01/08/2010 04:36 PM CST
Home instruments are definitely things that have been on the "want!" list - it's a matter of working out trying to really play something that you're not holding, AND figuring out where the heck they're gonna go.

"On the floor"

Yeah, yeah, I know. But other than that.

Would it be the desk/table slot? Heck, the rug slot? The generic container slot (wardrobes, chests)?

(Note - I dunno the feasibility of having something like that take the rug slot, I'd have to check it out with Zadraes - I'd have to do that anyhow before making any such shop.)

-V.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Music in the home 01/12/2010 07:33 AM CST
I had a stroke of genius! We can have a "music slot" added! And you can have up to two options for that slot! Either a harpsichord or an instrument stand! Instrument stand could hold up to two instruments(only).

>bluff silv
You realize you have no idea how to bluff an unintelligent beast like the Leader Silvyrfrost.
Re: Music in the home 01/12/2010 09:46 AM CST
I think the problem is that since the housing is being rewritten on the GSIV side for GSIV and DR homes, I don't think they can add a slot. Of course I could be wrong.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Music in the home 01/16/2010 03:29 AM CST
The harpsichord in this last little fest showed that it is very possible to have an item stationary in a room, and the player had to 'sit' while playing the instrument. It was located inside the cabin in the far east room. My thoughts are that if we can have it there, it shouldn't be too difficult to put the same language into a furniture slot for the home. I don't see any reason why it couldn't take up an optional large piece item.

"The act of defending any of the cardinal virtues has today all the exhilaration of a vice." - G.K. Chesterton