Celestina Harp? 04/06/2010 11:55 AM CDT
I missed the Holy Festival. I just bought a celestina harp from someone who picked one up at A Cultured Attire during the festival. This is it:

a gracefully curved silverwillow celestina harp

Look: The small floor harp reaches only about waist high to an Elf, with thirty-six metal strings. Crafted by the Celesial Elves who gave it its name, it features a sloping soundboard with a curved back, a slightly convex pillar and a curved arm along the top. Musicians appreciate its bright tone and the resonant quality that carries through the deeper instruments in an orchestra.

Questions:
1. Why won't it fit in the instrument case that holds my large silverwillow harp? It says it is too heavy to go in there. I was only able to put it in my haversack.

2. Where can I buy a spare set of 36 metal strings for it? The trader who had it didn't buy the strings in the shop at the fest.

3. Will there be an instrument case forthcoming that will hold it? I hate keeping my instruments in my haversack/pack/backpack/etc.

Bard Lydaiva's (and others) player
Re: Celestina Harp? 04/06/2010 01:32 PM CDT
Waist high to an elf? Sounds like it's a floor harp and will only fit in a huge container.
Re: Celestina Harp? 04/06/2010 02:33 PM CDT
Yes. That's why I want to know if there will be a case for it someday. It irritates me to have to keep instruments in a pack instead of a proper case. Make it the size of a haversack and slung over the shoulder, for all I care, but give me a case for it!

Re: Celestina Harp? 04/06/2010 05:46 PM CDT
>>Look: The small floor harp reaches only about waist high to an Elf, with thirty-six metal strings. Crafted by the Celesial Elves who gave it its name, it features a sloping soundboard with a curved back, a slightly convex pillar and a curved arm along the top. Musicians appreciate its bright tone and the resonant quality that carries through the deeper instruments in an orchestra.

Emphasis mine. I believe that is supposed to be Celestial. I am guessing you copied and pasted and didn't type that out, so the mistake is in the game.

Wish I could help with the other area, you might be able to put it in a Haversack, and just keep related instrumental items and your instrument in it. Then hope for an alteration to do a simple: a harp's haversack? Though there is the Filled to the Guild Festival. Perhaps we can draw enough push to have the strings, and a container that looks right, and does the job at the event.

First you'd need to find a container that could fit. I wish you luckk, nice item.

Re: Celestina Harp? 04/06/2010 06:20 PM CDT
Yes, I copied and pasted the harp description.

Worse comes to worst, I will see if it fits in my trader's togball case. If it does, can alter that 'case' into a more appropriate appearance with premium points. But I really hope that the set of 36 metal strings can be added to one of the music shops. Though I almost never break strings on my instruments, it has happened once, maybe twice, in the more than a decade that I have played DR. I prefer safe to sorry.

Re: Celestina Harp? 04/06/2010 07:09 PM CDT
The strings are sold at the shop (A Cultured Attire) that has shown up both years for Hollow's Eve Festival.

__
Ferdahl Aemmin just arrived.
Huldah says, "Sup Fivehead. How you doin'?"
Re: Celestina Harp? 04/06/2010 09:53 PM CDT
Thank you. Guess I'll have to beg someone to buy me a set since I don't attend it.

Re: Celestina Harp? 05/08/2010 11:29 AM CDT
I lug the same harp around! The sturdy leather harp case in Theren fits it, the only one I found that did. You can get them from the Theater on the West side of town.