Bonding still around? 03/01/2008 03:44 PM CST
Does instrument bonding still exist? Is it at all changed from 4 years ago?

I ask because I find myself carrying a plain ocarina, which I suspect I was once bonded to, but I don't seem to get any special messaging. I don't want to ditch it in case I am.
Re: Bonding still around? 03/01/2008 03:48 PM CST
Instrument sentience, at this current time, is not around any longer to my knowledge.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

~Terra
Fire Dancer of Velaka
Re: Bonding still around? 03/01/2008 04:11 PM CST
It's not around at the moment, but they would like to re-implement it at a later date.

__
~Leilond, the Crazy Anime Ninja 1000-Macro Non-Artificial Bard
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/leicollagefinal.jpg
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com/bard_planner_v2.xls
Re: Bonding still around? 03/01/2008 04:41 PM CST
Good to know. Thanks.
Re: Bonding still around? 03/01/2008 07:16 PM CST
The way it was described was that they didn't turn off bonding... but they did turn off ALL messaging associated with it. Except for the "dying while holding" it thing, I think, but I'm not about to go check that. So you may actually still be bonding to instruments, but have no way of knowing at this time. If/when they get around to revisiting the process you may suddenly feel the bonds again, or they might wipe 'em all and start fresh.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
Re: Bonding still around? 03/01/2008 07:33 PM CST
>The way it was described was that they didn't turn off bonding... but they did turn off ALL messaging associated with it. ~Stormsinger Shavay

I don't remember hearing that - I remember hearing bonding was 'turned off' when instruments were redone. However, Shavay is the GM mindreader, not me, so he may well be correct.

The last plan I heard was to make bonding more of a concious choice than a random result of cleaning an instrument.

I have no idea of the project's status, though, or where it might fall in the 'long list of things to ignore/look at/fix sometime in the future'... or even if that's still the plan.

~Azimee

~~~
If you find yourself confronted by a group of armed guards, be warned that they will attack you in mass. No matter what you have been told by other sources, rest assured that they will not line up to attack you one by one. ~Handbook of Practical Heroics
Re: Bonding still around? 03/01/2008 08:49 PM CST
Currently bonded instruments may just have had messaging off, but you should not be bonding to any more instruments at this time.

Instrument bonding is planned to be a voluntary thing when it is re-established -- no more bonding to someone's instrument that you were cleaning/repairing.

Sentience would follow bonding.

If I remember correctly, though, current plans are to wait until instrument crafting before reinstating bonding, so that it can work with it - since an instrument you make yourself should be the most responsive to a bond and future sentience, you know?

Bear in mind, this is what has been planned, not necessarily the way things will end up working out.

-V.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay