Dirty Dirty Bards 03/15/2007 06:42 AM CDT
I like the new cleaner instruments, but now that they hardly go dirty or out of tune, I find myself not randomly pulling them out for app as much because you have broken my obsessive compulsiveness. I also find myself shaving less, because the timer for stubble and instrument dust seemed rather... close, if not exactly the same.

Yay random thoughts.

Scruffy Looking Tress-Herder Sephirin
Re: Dirty Dirty Bards 03/15/2007 08:13 PM CDT
I'd heard of skiffles before, but "razor to the face" seems a bit too hardcore.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Dirty Dirty Bards 03/30/2007 11:49 AM CDT

I think, in a way, it is better to know your instruments are going to be cleaner. I have a question, though. I'm still a small Bard, and I've heard that cleaning an instrument helps with it being bonded to you (I'm assuming it's a special attachment between you and the instrument), so if we need to clean them less, will it be harder to bond for us newer Bards?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Dirty Dirty Bards 03/30/2007 02:07 PM CDT
>I've heard that cleaning an instrument helps with it being bonded to you (I'm assuming it's a special attachment between you and the instrument)

Bonding in it's prior form went away with the original instrument rewrite that Deryka did. Dart has mentioned a couple of times that instrument bonding will be coming back in the future, but he's also stated that he wants it to be very much a concious choice on the part of the bard to bond with a particular instrument, not just something triggered because you happened to pick one up and clean it a few times - something it was very possible for experienced bards to do in the past.

~Azimee

~~~
If you find yourself confronted by a group of armed guards, be warned that they will attack you in mass. No matter what you have been told by other sources, rest assured that they will not line up to attack you one by one. ~Handbook of Practical Heroics