Release Schedule 04/30/2011 12:42 AM CDT
No, there isn't one yet, sorry.

However one of the Heritages is notably closer to being finished than the other two. Initially I had planned for all three to be released together, but I'm starting to question that plan. My concern with releasing them one at a time is that either people will be reluctant to join until all are out, or will flock to the earlier ones in the release schedule and be bummed when the others come out and they can't switch (At least not easily, the ability to switch is still in flux).

Which would you prefer? For all three to be released at once, or for them to be released one at a time (With overall development time being about the same in either scenario).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Release Schedule 04/30/2011 01:02 AM CDT
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that everyone will want them released individually when ready given that the overall release timeframe will still be the same.

Worst case scenario, the heritage you want will be released when it would have been released anyway.

-Evran

The first slayer of Malik, may he not rest in peace.
Re: Release Schedule 04/30/2011 01:15 AM CDT
It'll separate the devout heritage seekers from the fad-joiners, that's for sure.

Release what you've got whenever you have it done IMO.

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Release Schedule 04/30/2011 01:20 AM CDT
Yeah, it'll suck out all the Heritage House followers that wanted turtle access back in the day. heh

I think people already have an inkling as to which path their character would/wants to take, and if they've waited this long, they can also wait until their appropriate Heritage opens.

GENT
Re: Release Schedule 04/30/2011 01:36 AM CDT
>>I think people already have an inkling as to which path their character would/wants to take.

That's likely a good point, particullarly since there's only three Heritages vs like seven Sects.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Release Schedule 04/30/2011 07:38 AM CDT
I'm between two so I'd wait for those two to be available before deciding. One week I'll lean one direction, the next another.

I'm curious about what is involved in switching because I could see my character as joining the guild with leanings in one area and growing through to the others in a natural progression. Of course, that may not be the case when they are out so I'll bide my time.

Decisions - decisions...

~Faih
Re: Release Schedule 04/30/2011 07:59 AM CDT
I might be wrong about this.

But wasn't there original going to be some events (that gave a bit more flavor to the heritages), while and before they came out.

My Kaldar is a Tale-weaver, so I'll be pushing him toward that heritage as my time allows (his abilities allows).

I'd not like to hold up the lucky few who might see some action earlier on (because they luckily coincidentally wanted their characters in that heritage).

Further, if there are events, it'll give a better divide of time spent in events, without side things taking up energy, you'll hit them up, we'll join in as we can. And it'll be smoother (in my opinion).

Re: Release Schedule 04/30/2011 10:29 AM CDT
I was just going to join the Heritage that had a giant turtle that traveled between the guilds.

I think with three clearly defined Heritages most people know what they are going to join. It's just if releasing one now and developing on the other two would open up issues if you have to go back and tweak the first one.

Thematically I'm trying to remember if the Heritages are just supposed to be a recon and they've always been around and it's just now we get to join in game, or if they are suddenly announcing themselves to the rest of the Guild.

~~
Lupdels
Re: Release Schedule 04/30/2011 10:34 AM CDT
If it means retconning, do it tomorrow. Needs doing for sanity.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Release Schedule 04/30/2011 10:45 AM CDT
There will be events leading to the release of each Heritage, that may or may not be intertwined.

The ability to switch between Heritages is sort of up in the air, but currently I'm leaning towards "not".

-Raesh

Re: Release Schedule 04/30/2011 10:46 AM CDT
>>Thematically I'm trying to remember if the Heritages are just supposed to be a recon and they've always been around and it's just now we get to join in game, or if they are suddenly announcing themselves to the rest of the Guild.

They are not a Retcon.

Of the three the Taleweavers do not currently exist, the Lorekeepers... sort of exist, but not in the way they will, and the Songsworn certainly exist, and are simply not player joinable right now.

-Raesh