Re:Who are songsworn? 06/15/2010 02:58 PM CDT
Popquiz Derail

Quick, what do you know about Songsworn?

This is directed to Shavay or anyone else who can tell us anything more than Elanthipedia does.

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Songsworn

- Terra
Re:Who are songsworn? 06/15/2010 03:20 PM CDT
I really don't know, actually. They came about when I wasn't playing for a bit and I never really got a straight "This is what they are" story. Anyone that can fill in the gaps, please do!

-=Issus=-
Re:Who are songsworn? 06/15/2010 04:06 PM CDT
My impression is that the Songsworn were sort of the Bardic version of the Secret Service. They and Karovaas were not on very good terms.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re:Who are songsworn? 06/15/2010 04:11 PM CDT
Well, a straight answer was never given, since it was implied they were the Guild spooks. Our own Michael Westons (Burn Notice plug!) or something along those lines. They were shock troups, spies, couriers... I pictured them as a Bard who trains like a Ranger - on top of everything you need as a Bard.

I put references to them in a book idea I tossed to the GMs a few years back, but was told that there were plans for Songsworn so I couldn't use them like that. Of course, times change...

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Faerie tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Faerie tales tell children that dragons can be killed.
- G.K. Chesterton
Re:Who are songsworn? 06/15/2010 04:16 PM CDT
>>Our own Michael Westons (Burn Notice plug!)

RPA4U

-Raesh
Re:Who are songsworn? 06/15/2010 04:27 PM CDT
"Once somebody sends a guy with a sword after you, things are only going to get worse. But like it or not, you've got work to do. For a job like getting rid of the dragon priest next door, I'll take an instrument over a sword any day. Swords make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with a lute. A lute makes you smart..."
Re:Who are songsworn? 06/15/2010 05:32 PM CDT
After reading and rereading some things, I kinda bought into the idea that songsworn are that secret hidden path Issus suggested. Nobody really knows who they are and they do whatever is necessary with the hints being that some of it could be distasteful - i.e. a spy type not afraid to kill as needed.

~Faih