Performance - based spells 11/19/2020 01:50 AM CST
I was laying in bed falling asleep trying to come up with something new for System of a Down, when I suddenly had a different thought for bardic performance. The use of spells! So I was thinking a cyclic spell that acts as a placeholder for different spells each spell giving the bard a different variation of general 'looks' to the face. For Example, the use of this spell and the use of fire shard might give the bard a fiery orange gleam in the eye. But it the delicate manipulation of the spell can change the color of the eyes to an ice cold white gleam, or a whole variety of other options, and that would only just be for fireshard. A ranger spell involving wolves might involve giving the bard furry ears and whiskers while the spell is active. Where as the scroll 'Calm' might give the Bard a very Calm demeanor, and then have adjustable options for several very calm effects, serene looks, stuff like that.
Re: Performance - based spells 11/19/2020 08:07 AM CST
Interesting. It even sounds doable, with Bluff Dead, Aura of Tongues, and different calming spells already being a Thing. Do you see this as a way to expand Perform?

Player of a few bards!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy