Underwater Bards 11/05/2020 01:57 PM CST
I was reminded by the ongoing tasks associated with assisting the Merelew of the long dead Merelew's Legacy enchante that Bards had long, long ago.

For purposes of strictly breathing underwater, I don't really think there's a QOL issue with supporting Fang Cove's fishermen through the purchase of wands. I also recognize that the enchante had some issues. It was a buff to a tertiary skill, plus probably would have been a lot of spell slots for providing a QOL/utility benefit plus a warding-like effect on flame damage.

But the Air Bubble spell, while allowing for underwater breathing and cyclics, doesn't allow for the use of our Bardic screams. The ability to scream defiance would be nice.

Is there any way that this could be addressed?

~~
Lupdels

"Bards are widely regarded as excellent storytellers, but terrible cosmologists." - Armifer
Re: Underwater Bards 11/05/2020 06:49 PM CST
I honestly don't know how hard it would be to allow this. I can poke, but I imagine this isn't something that would be addressed before HE (or most of HE) is over.

Just to be clear (since we realize MERE would need far more work) we're asking about AIR BUBBLE to allow BARDIC SCREAMS, correct?

~Evike
Twitter: @EvikeDR
Re: Underwater Bards 11/05/2020 09:00 PM CST
>>Just to be clear (since we realize MERE would need far more work) we're asking about AIR BUBBLE to allow BARDIC SCREAMS, correct?

Yes. I realize it's probably all one system, so probably easier to do everything than pick and choose which SCREAMs work (or the system is a nightmare that makes us all scream underwater). At first I thought maybe it didn't make sense thematically to SCREAM CONCUSSIVE from an AIR BUBBLE, but then I realize I keep getting beat up by shockwaves from critters underwater (such as the notorious threats in the current Merelew tasks) so why not SCREAM CONCUSSIVE too so I can turn the tables on them? :)

~~
Lupdels

"Bards are widely regarded as excellent storytellers, but terrible cosmologists." - Armifer