Venn Overlap for Lore, Magic 01/12/2016 11:28 PM CST
May be an odd way to phrase a question, but what's the Venn diagram overlap for Bards as a Lore Primary, Magic Secondary guild?

For the most part, I see the Lore Primary aspect of the Bard Guild touching on around four areas. One area is the overlap between being Lore Primary, Weapon Secondary as a combat guild: Tactics. Another area is the general boon to being Lore Primary and involved in crafting through the related skills. Another area is the relationship of Scholarship to history and Recalls/Evokes, very unique to Bards. And finally the fourth Lore area is related to Performance, also Bard themed.

For the Magic/Lore overlap I can see the role Scholarship plays in enabling memorization of Spell Scrolls. What are other perks to the Magic system that come from being Lore Primary?
Re: Venn Overlap for Lore, Magic 01/13/2016 07:44 AM CST
Whispers of the muse is a pretty big deal?

Also, I believe scrolls are handled entirely by arcana now. No scholarship checks.

I personally think you may be approaching this from the wrong angle. Most guilds in DR get perks assigned by their set placement for that skill, not their relationship tree between that skill and their primary. So it is more accurate to say 'what do bards get as magic secondary characters'. And the answer to that is 'one of the most frighteningly potent spell books in DR'.