Suggestion: Overload + Echo 10/27/2015 06:23 PM CDT

Bardic ability - passive.
Learned at circle 50: Overload
Enhanced at circle 100: Echo

Initial effect: You can learn from cyclic spells you capped by putting more mana into them than they can hold. So I could cast faenella's grace (because I want the effect) at 25 mana and keep learning even though the spell's effects cap at 20.

Enhanced effect: Overloaded cyclics have a chance for an additional pulse halfway between the normal pulses. The chance is equal to how much they're overloaded. +5 mana on a 20 cap spell will pulse give you a 25% chance to overload at 25% power. +10 mana will give you a 50% chance to overload at 50% power. And so on.
Re: Suggestion: Overload + Echo 10/27/2015 08:14 PM CDT
I like the concept but I have trouble seeing why Bards in particular get this, let all me for free.

I'd rather see chaos symbiosis work for everyone's cyclics, though.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Suggestion: Overload + Echo 10/28/2015 09:37 AM CDT

> I like the concept but I have trouble seeing why Bards in particular get this, let all me for free.

It's the masters of cyclics things, but I'd be fine to spend a spell slot or two to make this a magical feat.

> I'd rather see chaos symbiosis work for everyone's cyclics, though.

Agreed. I'd prefer all sybmiosis, especially if it could be an AOE affect for AOE cyclics.