Abbreviation:DISC
Prerequisites:Resonance, or Harmony
Slot Cost:3
Type:battle / targeted, multistrike
Difficulty:advanced
Prep (min/max):15 / 100
Skill Range (min/max):80 / 800
Valid Spell Target:PC, Creature
Description:The Bard sings a brief and eerily familiar tune, lulling the target into a false sense of security before loosing a series of off-key notes that buffet the target and threaten to throw it to the ground.
Effect:multi-strike impact/puncture/slice damage; knockdown
Example Messaging:You launch into the first few notes of a familiar ditty.
The tune suddenly turns sour as four scintillae of elemental sound coalesce and launch outward at a silver-backed bear!
A spike of solid sound impales its back with a light hit.
A wave of solid sound buffets its right arm with a good strike.
The silver-backed bear is stunned!
A spike of solid sound sails wide, completely missing it.
A spike of solid sound impales its abdomen with a hard hit.
The roiling notes of elemental energy throw the silver-backed bear violently to the ground!
Roundtime: 1 sec.
You launch into the first few notes of a familiar ditty.
The tune suddenly turns sour as five scintillae of elemental sound coalesce and launch outward at a dire bear!
A blade of solid sound cuts its right arm with a light hit.
A spike of solid sound sails wide, completely missing it.
A spike of solid sound impales its left arm with a grazing strike.
A wave of solid sound sails wide, completely missing it.
A blade of solid sound cuts its left leg with a light hit.
The dire bear shrugs off the torrent of sound and regainst its footing!
Roundtime: 1 sec.

I

"Could be worse, I could agree with Pureblade." ~ Samsaren
Re: Spell Suggestion - Discordant Notes 05/23/2015 11:07 PM CDT
Basically a bardic version of Paladin's Rebuke. I would just call it Discordance, however.

I'm not sure Bards need another knockdown ability, however, especially one that is just single target due to both DMRS and scream havoc. My suggestion would be to have it be less generic 'sound wave hits body part for damage' and have it actually be a sonic attack that focuses on the head. I.e. The bardic version of Stampede, but only targets the head (i.e. ears bleeding, etc.)

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Spell Suggestion - Discordant Notes 05/23/2015 11:15 PM CDT
I'm not sure what the slot cost on a spell which did AoE, damage, knockdown, would be, but I'm thinking it might be excessive.
Re: Spell Suggestion - Discordant Notes 05/23/2015 11:17 PM CDT
>> I would just call it Discordance, however.

I went back and forth on the name. I ultimately settled on Discordant Notes after the phrase, "to strike a discordant note."

>> I'm not sure Bards need another knockdown ability

That's actually a good point. I included it just because it made sense to me that if you're getting hit by waves of sound, you might fall over. I have no problem with dropping the knockdown chance from the spell.

>> My suggestion would be to have it be less generic 'sound wave hits body part for damage' and have it actually be a sonic attack that focuses on the head.

Meh, I see the point you're making, but I think it'd be a bad idea. It would either make the spell too powerful (if it simply always hits the head) or too hard to use (if it always targets the head with normal mechanics, and can't hit any other body part). In any case, this idea isn't intended to be a "I'm screaming so loud that your ears bleed" spell; that would fet better as a Scream anyhow. This is supposed to be coalescing sound into a series of projectile weapons, which can and do hit multiple parts of the body.

I

"Could be worse, I could agree with Pureblade." ~ Samsaren
Re: Spell Suggestion - Discordant Notes 05/24/2015 10:49 PM CDT

As a niche for Multishot TM, I guess it's cool. I'd like to see some more unique abilities, instead of picking up SSTR/FB/FS/Rebuke for sorcery.