The Bard's Songbook needs updating 11/23/2020 03:21 PM CST
It's a little bit outdated now isn't it?

Some of the features in it are outdated. For example it lists certain instruments as extremely easy vs. extremely hard. HOWEVER, this was all changed with the play update which varies the difficulty based upon what is played. Unless there's also an additional difficulty atop that, which I wouldn't be surprised at. But, I'm not certain there.

For example: Instrument bonding I understand was thrown out, yet it's still mentioned as a possibility in the bardic songbook.

For example: Certain enchante spell features have changed drastically, some spells are flat out and out GONE, and yet they are still mentioned in the antiquated bardic songbook.

For example: Bardic Songbooks, have a very limited use now, and I wish they would, do something other than look pretty and be very verby. Perhaps reading them or looking through them teaches a touch of bardic lore and/or Performance? This would of course require that they go up significantly in cost. But, I would be down for that, considering I already own a beautiful altered one and would like to see it become worthwhile keeping on me at all times. Just a thought there.

For example: Bardic Songbooks might go over bardic abilities, include reminders of what can be done musically to enhance a bard, as well as features that pair up with a bard's owned items and rare abilities. Such as: a bard can hum a song and climb a magical rope which teaches a bit of athletics. It took me a little while to remember the exact verb pairing that did this, and sometimes I forget other bardic abilities verb pairings and such, and so I thought it MIGHT be nice to have reminders in the sparkly, pretty, verby songbook. That's assuming you can get it to bond to a particular bard.

For Example: Bardic Songbooks pre-date spellbooks. Sooo... can they please be made extra nice and/or specially updated?

Just some general thoughts.

-Sircha
Re: The Bard's Songbook needs updating 11/23/2020 03:31 PM CST
Also, while I was reviewing my own post and looking it over, I began thinking about a few other things.

What if, while a bard is holding the songbook AND performing. Random NPC's can show up and give said Bard a tip or more based on the bard's circle and performance?

For example, say a circle 5 bard creates their own sung performance and they go to say The Crossings, Town Green SE or something, and they set up thier own performance and sing a song scroll, or a song of their own creation? Let's say it goes 20 stanzas. After they bow and/or curtsy some happy townsfolk, or even nobility or royalty show up and toss the Bard a platinum piece. How very nice!

I mean you can't tell me the townsfolk don't hear songs because I wrote and sang one in favor of Lord Sorrow in my first week back, sang it on Town Green and nearly got carried off by angry peasants waving their fists at me! So I think it's just as fair that a good Bard gets rewarded for the hard work of putting together a good song and performing it either in a Tavern, Inn, or anywhere in town.

Now to keep such from being abused, we can say a Bard can only do a public performance say once per 24 hours, and it's only one song of choice at first.

I mean we do have Playact, but, it uses up valuable mojo now so it almost never gets used anymore.

Also, I would like to be able to type mojo in the typing bar and see how much I have available to me, out of the 100% total at any given time.