Spell Prep Times and a couple other things 08/05/2020 02:06 AM CDT
So I've recently rolled up a bard, and noticed that quite a few of my spells were taking 26 seconds to hit full prep, rather than 20. Asked around a bit, and heard that it might be because of group-versus-not-group, but... ECRY takes 26 seconds to prep, and isn't a group spell. Any ideas why this is?

Also, while I'm here...

Did Screams get moved off of Performance? I found things saying they were going to be, but have seen nothing conclusive, and heard it both ways from various people in various places.

How much impact does Mojo have on one's performance? Specifically just, like, playing instruments. I've seen references to it mattering, but can't tell myself.
Re: Spell Prep Times and a couple other things 08/10/2020 07:07 AM CDT
Bardic magic is a bit of an odd beast, and I imagine it's even more so for a new bard.

That said, there is a feat which will allow you to prepare spells faster. When I get a chance I'll pull out one of my bard chars and see if I can isolate the issue you noticed- though I'm not as good at tests like that as some.

Good luck!

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy