Feedback on Segue 06/14/2019 08:41 AM CDT
First off, I love this ability. I think it's great. Even if it stayed exactly the way it is, it's a good addition to the bard toolkit.

Having said this, I'd request a few changes.

1. Allow it to be used, any time, without mojo for a quick cyclic transition
If it's a balance problem, make the internal CD variable based on performance and/or bardic lore. In reality, this would be like the old sing options which bards could use to quickly turn on/off a cyclic.

2. To ensure we aren't always out of mojo all the time, give an option to Segue to say when we want boost it.
Example:
Segue <song> <mana> "Empower" or Segue <song> "Empower" would boost the pulse rate of the new cyclic at the cost of mojo. Or even just Segue "empower" as a toggle to turn on/off the buff.

Segue <song> <mana> would just do the switch.

3. Can we reduce the MOJO drain?
I understand there may be a technical limitation preventing this, such as a binary 1/7 drop when you segue; however, what if this is what turned performance into a desired skill?

Imagine if we used the new resurrection items from droughtman's as a template, and give a variable chance to refund the mojo cost based on your performance skill rather than the arcana skill it uses. 1750 means you could segue constantly with practically no drops (95% chance to refund or something) and 0 performance could mean 100% drop every time.

4. Similar to #3, can we create a "linger" effect in the room for the old enchant?
Mechanically, this one may be dead on arrival, but let's go into wishful thinking. Based off bardic lore and/or performance, when you segue between cyclics, the one you are leaving sets a timer, and pulses 1-5 more times based on your bardic lore and performance. Maybe this only happens on empowered segues, but effectively it would allow a legendary bard to keep up multiple cyclics through increased effort and additional RT.
Re: Feedback on Segue 06/15/2019 12:11 AM CDT
Is there any way to use cast arguments with segue? Things like "cast creatures", "cast area", etc.
Re: Feedback on Segue 06/15/2019 02:08 AM CDT
>1. Allow it to be used, any time, without mojo for a quick cyclic transition
>2. To ensure we aren't always out of mojo all the time, give an option to Segue to say when we want boost it.

Maybe later. For the initial release I wanted to keep the verb as straightforward as possible.

>>3. Can we reduce the MOJO drain?

Maybe. I'd like to hear more feedback about how the cost feels when you're actually trying to keep up your mojo (something Bards didn't have much reason for before, I think), with and without Words of the Wind.

>>4. Similar to #3, can we create a "linger" effect in the room for the old enchant?

Unlikely. I'm not opposed to considering interesting effects based on which spells you segue between, but the current pulse rate bonus is quite potent and would have to be kept in mind when adding anything else. Segue-related metaspells could be a possibility.

>>Is there any way to use cast arguments with segue? Things like "cast creatures", "cast area", etc.

When seguing between two offensive spells or two non-offensive ones, your previous cast option should be maintained. Otherwise it is reset to a default cast.

GM Grejuva
Re: Feedback on Segue 06/15/2019 02:23 AM CDT
> When seguing between two offensive spells or two non-offensive ones, your previous cast option should be maintained. Otherwise it is reset to a default cast.

Nice, thanks.
Re: Feedback on Segue 06/16/2019 03:45 PM CDT
<<When seguing between two offensive spells or two non-offensive ones, your previous cast option should be maintained. Otherwise it is reset to a default cast.

This doesn't appear to be working correctly, at least with non-offensive spells. The spell being segued to does not retain the area modifier even if both spells are non-offensive.

I noticed it when I segued from an area cast Hodierna's Lilt to a Faenella's Grace, the class I'm listening to is not getting the improved class speed because my teacher is outside of my group. I.e. the Faenella's Grace is being segued without the area modifier and providing only me with the scholarship buff. I brought in an alt just to be sure, and they're not getting the scholarship buff either.

Quick testing shows that keep it's not working when segueing to Blessing of the Fae either. My alt who wasn't in my group was not getting this effect. I assume it's the case for all non-offensive spells, but I haven't tested them all. I haven't tested offensive ones yet, so I'm not sure if those are functioning or not.
Re: Feedback on Segue 06/16/2019 04:45 PM CDT
...and thanks to Grejuva for the quick fix.
Re: Feedback on Segue 06/16/2019 05:37 PM CDT
I just mistyped the amount of mana to segue to, and realized it would be nice to be able to segue to the same spell with a different mana level. Without that I have to either segue out of the spell and back, or just release and cast it again.
Re: Feedback on Segue 06/18/2019 10:43 PM CDT
Might be shooting myself in the foot here, but right now SEGUE doesn't break either magic research or appraise focus. Magical actions PREPARE, CHARGE and CAST break them currently, but HARNESS and maintaining cyclics do not. I'm not sure where SEGUE sits in that mix, so maybe it should break it too? I can see the argument for not breaking it too, since we're effectively maintaining a cyclic while shifting it to a new pattern and there's technically no prepare and cast
Re: Feedback on Segue 06/19/2019 07:35 AM CDT
The lack of a new prep and cast I think is why it doesn't break Research. I spent an hour or so last night hunting and using segue between Hodi and AEWO, before I found out I didn't have enough mojo for that last segue. A practice stretch fixed that once I got out of combat. Afterwards, I got a Gauge Flow scroll and memorized it, and used it. I had Hodi up, and segued to CARE a couple of times with no issues.

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Feedback on Segue 06/19/2019 08:37 AM CDT

Bards have long had a perk of playing music and using magic at the same time. They can also keep some cyclics running while researching.

Considering the identity crises of the guild in modern DR, and the limited nature of segue due to resource costs, I'd argue this should be an extension of that perk. It sets them apart a little and reinforces their affinity for cyclic spells.

Please keep as is.