Resonance and Ignite 11/14/2016 10:41 AM CST
So, if one were to somehow find an Ignite scroll (I haven't seen one, but I'm assuming it's possible), would it work with Resonance? And if so, would it be applied before or after the stat increase?
Re: Resonance and Ignite 11/16/2016 06:21 AM CST
Well, I luckily managed to get an Ignite scroll from the Archivist, though not enough skill yet to use it. I should at least be able to confirm the first question myself soon.
Re: Resonance and Ignite 11/16/2016 10:11 AM CST
Oh nice, a fortuitous grab. As a Warrior Mage, Resonance is a spell I have thought about trying to track down as a sorcery option. Out of curiosity, why can't you cast ignite yet? Is this a sorcery limitation? Lack of Arcana to learn the spell? It is a full difficulty tier easier to cast than Resonance, so I would have guess if you can cast Resonance, you can cast Ignite.
Re: Resonance and Ignite 11/16/2016 10:40 AM CST
Lack of Arcana to invoke the scroll, I'm still a very young bard. I imagine within a week I'll be good to go. Hoping it works as this along with fireball can add some real punch to my repertoire. And I don't even need sorcery to do it.

I'll have to really avoid death though...
Re: Resonance and Ignite 11/16/2016 04:13 PM CST
I just tested this as a Bard with the Ignite wand. Yes, the damage increases do both work on the same weapon.

- Navesi
Re: Resonance and Ignite 11/16/2016 09:44 PM CST
Nice, so it won't be wasted invoking the scroll when I get to that point. The harder part is knowing if Ignite is factored in before or after Resonance. My hunch is before as I think other mechanics don't work by boosting off of already increased stats (forgot where I saw that though).

My new gladius and kaskara will be happy though.