Bard Questions 11/10/2016 09:47 PM CST
Wow...this forum section seems dead, 3 months without a post?

Anyway, after flipping around some guilds for awhile, I've hit upon the bard guild and enjoying the potential possibilities a lot. Just had a few questions (if there are any bards left to answer them!)

1 - Does performance and or bardic lore affect enchantes in any way, as a modifier or some such? The last notes on elanthipedia seem to be pretty old.
2 - It seems so far that the only way to train bardic lore is through practice and screams. These seem to work ok, but practice has a long cooldown and screams can drain mojo fast. It's not a current requirement, but are there better training strategies out there for it?
3 - Do bluffs actually work?
4 - Performance is a real limiting skill to train as it locks you out from most other actions and is quite time consuming. Screams only teach a trickle. Are there any plans to open this skill up some?
5 - I REALLY like the notion of the exclusive nature of the elemental infusions, though only 1 has any real effect on the rest of the enchantes. Otherwise, they are just longer lasting buffs so to speak. I think it would be great if their influence on the bard spell set was expanded in more interesting ways. Are there any plans like this?

Thanks for any input.
Re: Bard Questions 11/10/2016 10:11 PM CST
> 1 - Does performance and or bardic lore affect enchantes in any way, as a modifier or some such? The last notes on elanthipedia seem to be pretty old.

Not at all.

> 2 - It seems so far that the only way to train bardic lore is through practice and screams. These seem to work ok, but practice has a long cooldown and screams can drain mojo fast. It's not a current requirement, but are there better training strategies out there for it?

I'm not sure what circle you get piercing whistle at, but that's the best. "whistle pierc"

Another option is evoke history, although again I'm not sure when you get that. Use "evoke" in an appropriate room; you can use "recall area" to find such a room. This option teaches well on a 1 hour cooldown.

> 3 - Do bluffs actually work?

I've never seen any evidence that they do.

> 4 - Performance is a real limiting skill to train as it locks you out from most other actions and is quite time consuming. Screams only teach a trickle. Are there any plans to open this skill up some?

There are plans for a system where you perform on the street or in various venues, and need to read the mood of the crowd and respond to it. I wouldn't expect it anytime soon, though.

> 5 - I REALLY like the notion of the exclusive nature of the elemental infusions, though only 1 has any real effect on the rest of the enchantes. Otherwise, they are just longer lasting buffs so to speak. I think it would be great if their influence on the bard spell set was expanded in more interesting ways. Are there any plans like this?

Not as far as I know. I think Raesh is happy with them in their current form.
Re: Bard Questions 11/10/2016 10:44 PM CST

1. Not any more. Pure magical ranks now. Performance has no purpose other than RP and TDPs. There were some hints at a crowd system last year, but that seems to have withered on the development vine.
2. That's right. There was a robust, group-oriented ability set planned (for over a decade now?), but see #1. It's just something bards do to circle/get stat points.
3. I've seen bluff dead work when done by some very high circle bards, but I never pulled it off. The rest are probably only there because it would take more effort to remove them than ignore them.
4. See #1. That said, you shouldn't have a problem training this as a bard. Put up a max cast ECRY, grab your most difficult instrument, throw up CARE if it's raining, and play the highest you can (use play mods). You want slightest hint of difficulty in the message. That should lock you very, very quickly.
5. I'm a big fan of more synergy, but no plans have been shared to add any additional effects.