Guildleader Differences? 01/30/2016 09:49 AM CST
I've noticed that while a lot of their responses are similar, the Bard Guildleaders seem to represent differing outlooks on the Guild and its history.

Silvyrfrost (Crossing, Zoluren), Tasdrean (Riverhaven, Therengia), Lileyew (Ratha, Qi'Reshalia) all fit into the Team Fight to the Death!

"When the Dragon Priests came, they were at first looked upon with respect. They were as remarkably curious about history as bards, and at first our guild assumed that our relations with them would be peaceful...harmonious."
A pained look crosses her face.
"When Dzree arrived and usurped the gentle Sh'kial, she began to twist the history both sides wished to preserve. Appalled, the bards voiced their concerns, and were told to either follow, or die."
She lets out a long sigh and smiles at you, whispering, "You can guess what we chose."
"The line was drawn between us and them. They, however, outnumbered us. The bards were slaughtered without mercy, dwindling down to a thinning number of refugees and rogue scholars. The rest of the tale is...legendary. It has taken us a long time to rebuild ourself now that Dzree's reign has ended, but we have succeeded at last. This is our guild. It was built on the bones of war, the mortar mixed with blood and tears."
"As we were before, we are again. I invite you into our ranks."

But then there's what I would call Team Ezruh (Never Forget!). This was Ezruh's messaging:

Ezruh gazes off into the distance and his eyes hold a glint of steel.
"Not that we haven't had our own troubles. We allowed ourselves to believe too much in our own importance and when the Dragon Priests came, we didn't think anyone could threaten our place in the order of things. Then came Dzree and we lost the way."
"There were those in the guild that said we should have fought the Priests...and some did. They died in droves."
Ezruh sighs and turns his glance towards his hands.
"The rest of us stole all the scrolls and books we could get our hands on and hid them in safe places throughout the lands. And then we hid our gifts and pretended to be farmers or traders until Dzree was dead and we could return to our calling...,"

And I think there's more similarity with the remaining Guildleaders.

Selinthesa (Muspar'i, Therengia) and Yaziyi (Hibarnhvidar, Forfedhdar):

Selinthesa gazes off, lost in thought. After a bit, she continues. "We have not always done as well with this as we should have. Bards are proud and jealousy has always been our downfall, jealousy of our place in history, jealousy of other guilds and even amongst ourselves. But we have learned our lessons well -- hard as those lessons were -- and we again send forth bards to sing and teach across the lands."

Macfrae (Shard, Ilithi):

"When the Dragon Priests came, they were at first looked upon with respect. They were as remarkably curious about history as bards, and at first our guild assumed that our relations with them would be peaceful...harmonious."
He scowls, and hunches down further into his chair.
"When Dzree arrived and usurped the gentle Sh'kial, she began to twist the history both sides wished to preserve. Appalled, the bards voiced their concerns, and were told to either follow, or die."
He scowls further and says, "And I >still< say we should have bided our time and waited to strike, but oooooh noooooo! The bards who were our leaders at the time put their arrogant foot down. Do you have any idea how outnumbered we were??" He mumbles something and after a moment seems to calm down. "Anyway, the Dragon Priests slaughtered most of us without mercy, and the rest of the drab story you ought to find your own hoppin' john self! It's taken us years to rebuild ourself now that Dzree's reign has ended. Years spent in secrecy...at least they're over...."

Maybe this is just random and reflects when different Guildleaders were created, but the overlap is interesting. The Guildleaders of the areas that fell under Dragon Priest control (Zoluren, Therengia, and Qi) are in the "Fight to the Death!" crowd. The others are in a more "Learn from our past mistakes, let's not talk about it too much" direction.

So here's a question, favorite Guildleader?
Re: Guildleader Differences? 01/30/2016 08:25 PM CST
>>So here's a question, favorite Guildleader?

For Navesi:

She doesn't like Silvyrfrost due to something that happened between them. She still quietly trains with her most of the time.

She finds Macfrae a slovenly drunk and a terrible example to set.

She thinks Lileyew is adorable and sweet, although it's hard for her not to think of Gnomes similarly to children that should be protected.

She hasn't spent much time with the others. She would probably align well with Tasdrean if she only had cause to see him.

My personal favorite is Selinthesa -- if only I had a good reason to go to Muspar'i!

- Navesi