Suggestion for new skill: Regale 12/11/2015 04:37 PM CST
I have been thinking of writing a song, but the song seems to be more of a story that a song. More pros and verse. It got me thinking that there should be another verb for Bards called Regale.

Regaling would be an opt-in story that a bard could tell. By opt-in I mean that just because a Bard is telling a story doesn't mean everyone in the room needs to be distracted by it. The Bard would begin Regaling, and other people in the room would have to Listen To Bard (or something like that) on order to see what the Bard is saying.

Regaling would be similar to Playacting in that you Start Regaling, Stop Regaling, and use Regale as the verb to add to the story. For instance:

Regale Start: (other's see) {Bard} begins regaling his/her audience with a story.

Regale "And then the monster climbed out of the water!" - This would display the message in a way that wasn't as obtrusive as singing but was more noticeable. Maybe it shows in italics or something, and only to the people who are opting in to it.

Bards would typically write a script for it similar to a song. That way they are telling an actual story. It could be something that they say happened to them before, or it could be some lore they are making up. Either way, it would be another way to entertain people.

Then, finally, Regale Stop

Maybe a player could Eavesdrop on the story, which would let them see the last part of the story that was used. That way they can decide if its worth listening to the story or not.

This could probably train performance or scholarship for the bard, but that isn't necessary. Its more for RP purposes.