Bard Magic - Where we're at 01/21/2013 11:36 PM CST
So, having just in excess of 70 spell edits in the last 24 hours the next step is a breather. Or Paladin magic... we'll see.

Anyhow, for Bards I figure I owe you an overview of where we're at with your magic, what's done, what's not done.

Preqs - These are essentially locked in place.

Castmods - Spells should no longer be jumping difficulty tiers and should most be where they need to be. From here it will be fine tuning each spell within it's tier.

Messaging - LOTS of bard spells need messaging revamps, some minor, some major. This is fairly low priority, but something I really want to do.

Bugs - I'm aware there are a fair number of spell specific bugs. This last pass was just hitting some highlights and a lot of technical stuff that was a result of how the conversions were handled. This is going to be a major focus ahead.

Technical clean up - This is mostly invisible stuff for you guys, but after the conversion a lot of spell code is messy so I'm going to need to spend some serious time cleaning it all up just for the sake of anyone trying to work on the code in the future.

The missing spells - There's still a few more spells you guys need converted (Aura of Tongues, Call of the Siren, Chorus of Madmen, and Damaris' Lullaby). Lullaby is likely the next to be converted. These are also high priority, just below the bug fixing.

New spells - These are lower priority right now, but the intention with new spells is to largely use them for hole filling. What I mean but that is that there's a lot of things we couldn't do cleanly in 2.0 we can do now and once everything is nice and shiny we can start looking at making new spells that do that. Or spells that fill training gaps now that we have so many more magic skills. Or spread around the buff/debuffs to many more skills which didn't exist before (I actually made a chart recently of how many spells can buff each skill in the game - let's just say there's a lot of white space.)

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose