Another spell that sucks... DEMA 04/17/2018 09:46 PM CDT
Any one have any advise for DEMA? I just cast a 30 mana cast (which is my max with just shy of 350 ranks of debil) on a crazed madman. After assessing the madman, he was "nimbly balanced".

Then I tried it on an empath with 27 reflex, to my 35 wisdom. He went from 36 disc to 34.. and was "off balance". I mean... this is terrible right? I miss being a warrior mage...

Now that Traders have been worked on... I hope someone cares enough to revive bards. They really are a guild that's seemingly been impotent a very long time. (Impotent meaning they're not nearly on par circle wise with most guilds when it comes to hunting, learning, or pvp)

Just my opinion- so Im' sure all the "defenders" of bard neglect will come out of the wood works. But before they do... I'd just ask... consider why there are so few bards around town compared to every other guild.
Re: Another spell that sucks... DEMA 04/18/2018 07:02 AM CDT
Yeah, DEMA ain't what it used to be, I don't think anyone will argue with that. Been a while since we had a guild survey but IIRC Bards aren't as bad off as you seem to think they are.

Warrior Mages are arguably the best guild in the game, certainly the best at laying down smoldering death to an entire room. If you miss being one, go be a Warrior Mage again. I'm really not sure what to say to you if you expect every guild to hold up to that level of power. Personally I think they could use a couple more traditional TM spells and a couple more screams to help with PvP, but otherwise I find Bards pretty dope. They do a lot of stuff other guilds can't do.
Re: Another spell that sucks... DEMA ::NUDGE:: 04/18/2018 12:35 PM CDT
Let's keep this focused on bards and not other guilds please. Guild versus guild always spirals into a hot mess.

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Another spell that sucks... DEMA 04/18/2018 05:35 PM CDT
I haven't played with DEMA so I can't really comment on it. If it is succeeding but not providing any real effect (e.g. staying at nimbly balanced), I suggest you BUG that in game as well as do some more extensive reporting here.

I agree that Bards could really use some work, particularly with Performance and Bardic Lore. Nothing like 6 ranks/circle in a skill that does nothing! There are also some spells I'd love to see return (Call of the Siren, Chorus of Madmen!), and some other spells/abilities that desperately need a touch up. That said, we are not in a terrible spot for what we are. We are very good at combat, not the best but very good, and also have some incredible utility. If that's not what you want, there are other guilds that are more focused on one area or another.

- Navesi
Re: Another spell that sucks... DEMA 08/01/2018 11:40 AM CDT
Back in my day, bards were the best combat guild especially when it came to PvP.

- Reincarnation of an old Bard soul
Re: Another spell that sucks... DEMA 08/12/2018 01:52 AM CDT
>>Back n my day,

You're much too young to be using that phrase.
Derned whippersnappers...

-Shavay.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy